M37 SD summer jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M37 SD summer jacket

Guys have a question how much would cost M37 summer hbt jacket of SD unit ? Just received an very nice but small ( 92-94 cm in chest ) M37 hbt jacket with very well visible 'ghosts'/shadow of application of collar patches on collar, eagle and, what seems , SD diamond on sleeve, and was wodnering how much such jacket would be worth ( since I do not collect SD I would be interest in selling or trading the jacket for something else, hence my question ).

First u need photos.

Comment

Some photos.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Odd shaped collar for an SS tunic. Perhaps some other branch used this type of drill tunic.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Saw it on the dealers site too... Saw the price, saw the stamp, stayed sceptical
                IMO not an SS drill tunic but something modified

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                  Odd shaped collar for an SS tunic. Perhaps some other branch used this type of drill tunic.

Bob Hritz
                  Actualy first I thought it is some sort of early KM Coastal artllery jacket but than seen the insignia traces which point ss use.

Jacket has not other traces of insignia aplication than ss ( collar tabs and sleeve eagle). The collar is perfect size to put the collar tabs on it ( checked ).
                  Also this diamond shaped insignia on lower part of sleeve is something that I haven't seen in any other branch of german army.
                  So seing that my thoughts goes to SD unit summer ( probably officers ) jacket.
                  it doesn't look like typical M37 ( lack of french cuffs , no holes for hooks etc.), but is very similar.
                  Later will make some photos with insignia on it to show you how it looks with them ( and look realy good ).

Comment

Originally posted by collector19 View Post
                    Saw it on the dealers site too... Saw the price, saw the stamp, stayed sceptical
                    IMO not an SS drill tunic but something modified

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

First of all on the mentioned dealers site it wasn't described at all as ss , but as simple hbt jacket ( now even M37 but hbt summer jacket ), so no intention to to sell it as ss.

Comment

Here is how the jacket would look like with insignia still on it ( for presentation purpose the EM insignia, but suspect that jacket originaly, in period , had officers insignia applied ); insignia rea exacely in the same places where shadows/ghots of previous insigna were applied ( except the diamond shaped insignia on lower part of sleeve , as I don't have any to pu on it ).

No other insignia were applied ( no traces of previous apllication of breast eagle - no shadow, no sewing holes etc, or WH/ Km collar tabs applied ).

From very begining jacket had only ss type insignia apllied ( the color and usage of hbt cloth in places where insignia were attached is brand new while rest in worn ). The same condition is in places were jacket was folded and sewn in very bottom of jacket .
                      Attached Files

Comment

To me that just demonstrates that SS tabs don't fit on the collars of that tunic.

Comment

1++

Originally posted by ian hulley View Post
                          to me that just demonstrates that ss tabs don't fit on the collars of that tunic.
                          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X