Comment

If it's on fleebay . . . it has to be S**T
            Regards David
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
              Regards David
              Not always. Sometimes you can find some treasures there...but you have to dig deep.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                Regards David
                The occasional buy-it-now makes it worth watching...

s/f Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

You know what your looking at Robert . . . The majority dont
                  Regards David

Comment

The vertical totenkopf tab that started this discussion might be well made, but I don't think they were never made in hand embroidered non-bullion configuration.

Comment

Exactly

Originally posted by rbno View Post
                      The vertical totenkopf tab that started this discussion might be well made, but I don't think they were never made in hand embroidered non-bullion configuration.

Comment

By this comment I assume you mean the 'rank' side was not made in this configuration?

Comment

Look at the actual embroidery stitch pattern
                          I too have never seen an Enlisted Man's type tab
                          in this configuration.

Comment

Texasuberalles I do not understand your comment. No rank side was presented. As you well know, a rank side tab would simply be a black parallelogram possibly with pips, piping and rank litzen. The details in the photograph are not sharp enough to detect anything wrong with the wool. The length to width ratio and the angles are within the range that could be original.

In order to see the buckram, we must follow the link to ebay and then to the listing for the tab, which has been sold. I do not believe the buckram used for the totenkopf tab is correct for a period tab.

Authenticity of an accompanying rank tab would have to be based on originality of those components and how they were assembled. However, a rank tab with the same buckram or with pips or rank stripes of this funky fuzzy thread would not be correct.

Comment

Texasuberalles I do not understand your comment. No rank side was presented. As you well know, a rank side tab would simply be a black parallelogram possibly with pips, piping and rank litzen. The details in the photograph are not sharp enough to detect anything wrong with the wool. The length to width ratio and the angles are within the range that could be original.

In order to see the buckram, we must follow the link to ebay and then to the listing for the tab, which has been sold. I do not believe the buckram used for the totenkopf tab is correct for a period tab.

Authenticity of an accompanying rank tab would have to be based on originality of those components and how they were assembled. However, a rank tab with the same buckram or with pips or rank stripes of this funky fuzzy thread would not be correct.
                              Agree that the tab posted is bogus based on stitching..
                              My comment is based on the shape of the parallagram.
                              Solely about which side the tab would have been
                              restricted to based on it's shape which would have limited it to
                              use on the rank side.

Sorry, sometimes Texan is hard to understand! I hope I did better this time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X