X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-SS Collar Tab Tresse comments?

Hi, folks,

I wonder if you could please offer your thoughts on the SS rank collar tab
    Tresse shown? I would greatly appreciate any help!

Many thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

I like it, but must note there have been some nice ones around that some believe are repro, that being said, to me it looks good.

Comment

Hi John. IMO the style conforms to original WSS rank tresse, but that's about all I can tell you. Do you own these pieces?

Comment

Ss collar tab tress

It looks good. I was thinking the black centre stripe may be a bit thick.

THe way the tress is set up in the photo is a bit odd. Did someone unspool a whole lot of it and then press it flat to get this photo, or did someone cut a long length into small pieces and arrange them for the photo?

Either way strikes me as a bit odd given the value of the tress if original.

Real tress does come up every now and then. Some guy on eBay had about 12 feet of it almost 20 years ago. I got 2 feet of it, someone else bought the rest.it does not look as bright and shiny as this and showed some signs of minor corrosion.

Comment

Thanks very much!

Hi, folks,

Many thanks for your thoughts and expertise! HerrGeezer, no, not mine, unfortunately -- I WISH it were!! I don't know the circumstances of
          how the photo was taken. I appreciate all your help!

The Other Brian, that is very impressive! Would you consider posting photos
          of the original SS tresse you were able to find? That would be a big help, if
          feasible.

Thanks again,
          John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X