ss wooden ahnentruhe box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss wooden ahnentruhe box

interesting box - not sure who owns it now. Was offered for sale a while back. Overdone fake or original example?
    Attached Files

ss box / cask

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

ss cask box

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice work, a little bit Naif, but.....I like it!
        Gian.

Comment

Hi,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_R%C3%B6sener

I'm not sure that the metal plate is really from pre-1946, but it can be easily tested to know if it was period or not (to the contrary of the wood, which explain that so many crooks are doing fake wooden items).

Rösener was the Alpenland HSSPF who was hanged on August 30, 1946.

It could be a way to make some easy money with a fake "souvenir" box supposevely given to him by his colleagues.

A confirmed fake was once proposed (and sold) on Germania International website, an horrible Charlemagne statue said to have been offered to Gustav Krukenberg, the real commander of the "Charlemagne" starting from February 1945. Too bad that this presented statue was said to have been offered when Krukenberg was still a POW in the Soviet Union...

See You

Vince

Comment

IF that is a fake,,,a lot of work went in to it!

Comment

Hi,

if you find someone ready to pay 2000 GBP/EUR/USD for it, you will still make a lot of money if you are a cabinetmaker in the East, or even more if you are in Asia or Africa...

Just check American Hotrods and American choppers TV shows... Weeks of hard work, still profitable at the end due to the selling price.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                Hi,

if you find someone ready to pay 2000 GBP/EUR/USD for it, you will still make a lot of money if you are a cabinetmaker in the East, or even more if you are in Asia or Africa...

Just check American Hotrods and American choppers TV shows... Weeks of hard work, still profitable at the end due to the selling price.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hello,
                  This box seems to have been designed during the war. We often find this type of work on items offered by officers for their leader during a gift of departure, on the occasion of a passage to the higher rank or a new assignment etc ...
                  Chris

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                    i can propose you any model you want made on wood if it is that you would like.
                    And you will be unable to tell if it is period or not.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,

See You

Vince
                      Okay, I accept the offer: Make me one of the SS caskets !

Comment

Hi,

See You

Vince
                        Hi Vince, hope my new SS casket is ready ? Looking forward to receiving your Christmas gift !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X