Totenkopf RZM Cuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totenkopf RZM Cuff

Any opinions from the more experienced on whether this is authentic or not?

This cuff really has me confused. The backside of the letters seems off, but maybe could be due to extensive wear ? Also, the pattern just above and below the silver borders seems different than the rest ? Curious to see what everyone thinks. And, sadly, these are the only photos I am currently able to obtain.

Thanks

Cuff Title

I believe this is a very early original cuff title (ca 1942). It has alternating 5/6 strands on the bottom and this pattern has been observed in other original cuff titles, as well as 6/6 (top/bottom) strands on early Waffen-ss units.

Charles Betz

Comment

Thanks Charles, I was unaware of the early strand patterns. Does anyone have any photos of earlier examples such as these?

Still curious about the back of the lettering. The letters at the beginning of totenkopf dont seem to be connected, where as those at the end seem to connect at the top rather than the middle on other known examples.

Any and all opinions welcome!

Last edited by mapjew; 08-10-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

here is mine
        bests
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I know the photos aren't great, but are there any more opinions on it?

Comment

The collar tab is a simple copy.

The TK band is not good imo based on your poor photos. I would like to see better photos but from your posted photos the band material seems not original:
              Attached Files

Comment

Mm is correct

Comment

This cuff title is a modern reproduction from Russia (I know because I am a dealer for these pieces in the US). They are the best reproductions out there to my knowledge.

Comment

It's not a bad copy but certain elements give it away. For me it is the "e" and "o" on the band that stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
                      The collar tab is a simple copy.

The TK band is not good imo based on your poor photos. I would like to see better photos but from your posted photos the band material seems not original:
                      Agreed

Ian

Comment

Well I'm glad I was skeptical. I mentioned the difference in the band in my post but as Graham G said, these are modern reproductions from Russia and the best repros available today - which I now believe because after going through TK Cuff threads, I hadn't seen this type of fake yet. Most fakes you can tell at a glance, but this one was not like the rest. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham G View Post
                          This cuff title is a modern reproduction from Russia (I know because I am a dealer for these pieces in the US). They are the best reproductions out there to my knowledge.
                          Can you tell us where you have these for sale? I'd certainly like to see what else they have been making.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham G View Post
                            I would buy one as well. No better way to learn copies than by having them. PM?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X