No announcement yet.

SS NCO Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all are still learning with this stuff Glad I could be of some help.
    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F
      We all are still learning with this stuff Glad I could be of some help.
      Kevin
      Thanks for the help guys. So looks like I am looking for a set of insignia for this.
      don't suppose anyone has some?

Comment

Thank you, Kevin, you are wholly right as ever. Clemens Wagner made black SS caps of the first hour, as it were, and also made many of those one finds of the era 1936-1939. One also often encounters them for the black officer caps, too. The very first of their black SS enlisted caps came, in some cases, in a luxury edition. The contract caps of the later era, circa 1937 or 1938 or 1939 which I believe this cap derives from, are more cheaply made. The sweat bands are either paper or this cheap goat-kind of leather, and the cotton thread that holds the sweat band and visor also often gives up the ghost after sixty odd years, as well and the visor falls off and the sweat band drops out...... The fakes of these caps are now much better than before, but the cap here is wholly real. I would not be so put off with the fake badges, it is just a chore and great expense to find a suitable set to replace them. Viel Sammlerglueck.
        Last edited by Donald Abenheim; 04-03-2005, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X