Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ton g View Post
    Just curious,
    Was this wolfshook also used by Legion Niederlande soldiers on their collartab? I've seen pictures where some used a metal wolfshook but that was of a smaller size.

Grss
    That would have to be a much smaller size wolfhook to fit a collar patch . A smaller version taken from e.g. an NSB capbadge would fit , but I have yet to see a single period picture where this was done .
    Humping up a plain collar patch with a metal wolfhook however does happen , since it is so easily done & original embroidered vertical wolfhook tabs are very rare ..
    Attached Files

Comment

Winkelman,
      Thanks for the info. In another thread about new zealand pick-ups is a pic of a metal (copper) horizontal wolfshook on a collartab. Very nice and interesting!

Grss

Comment

Yes , but I think that is the German design , not the Dutch .
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the stickpin of the hook. Anyone see this one in wear?
          Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any photos of the stickpin in wear? Thanks.

Comment

Actually not that easy since it would have to turn up on civilian wear , jacket or tie , just not that many good pictures around .
              Here's the best I could find sofar ( wolfsangel with a circle around it ) .
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing Winkelman! Would these be considered rather rare or have you seen many of them over the years?

Comment

Rather rare sounds OK , harder to find than normal membership pins .
                  And like with most other things , they seem to be quite ordinary until you actually start looking for them ..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X