No announcement yet.

Foreign Made SS Parka - Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"this was produced by the local Norwegian screening presses" As also stated in this thread ; Absolutely NO information exists to support this !

Comment

Originally posted by Hilton View Post
      "this was produced by the local Norwegian screening presses" As also stated in this thread ; Absolutely NO information exists to support this !
      This seems to be a debatable point among Norwegian collectors, and I defer to those collectors who have / had access to bulk material to measure when the raw fabric was still in bolts.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=norwegian

"I can inform you as in previous threads that these parkas were made by locally made SS camo cloth, probably here in Norway as bekleidungswerk Nord, this camo cloth differed from the German in both length and width if you compare with German standard.

The pattern of Oakleaf differs slightly, also the cloth itself as the Norwegian late war cloth has a poor quality compared to early German specification of cloth made for Zelts and Smocks. The camo cloth used in the Norwegian parkas were also used as a "theatre curtain" at Sessvoll, a German camp during the war. I have a strip of this curtain direct from the source removing this after the war."

I can tell you in hand this fabric feels different from the German material - it is unmistakably lighter and is not German oak.

s/f Robert

Comment

weere these also made post war for Norwegian military?

Comment

You can clearly see it's German cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
            You can clearly see it's German cloth.

what Im asking is weather stock piles of cloth and already made garments reused by the Norwegian military?

That is is there a way to tell if its War time made garment or if some european countries reused all this reamining cloth and garments in their military and there is no way of telling....

Comment

There is photographic proof of this being used

Comment

"This seems to be a debatable point among Norwegian collectors, and I defer to those collectors who have / had access to bulk material to measure when the raw fabric was still in bolts. " No its not any debate on this matter, all collectors that are informed on the matter agree that there are NO evidence of this fabric being printed localy in Norway. Also ; "The camo cloth used in the Norwegian parkas were also used as a "theatre curtain" at Sessvoll" Not correct; This was not on the camp Sessvoll but in the camp at Trandum.

Comment

Thanks for commenting, Hilton. I think you are confusing my last post with my own findings - the quoted area is a direct quote from a Norwegian collector, including the comment about where the curtain was found in his country.

Again, the poster in #17 (as amplified in the linked thread) is a Norwegian collector with direct knowledge of the subject. He clearly states the material was produced in Norway, as do a number of other Scandinavian collectors in other threads. In a number of those threads, you also argue that there is no evidence the material was produced in Norway, and I understand you don't agree and can respect that.

If the evidence you are seeking includes the physical material presses (as in the machines), textile factory orders, and actual seamstress/tailor facility than I agree we don't have those answers. We can't reconstruct the production process like we can for a late war Steyr rifle.

My thread is about the physical differences in the Norwegian model parkas from their green and Italian camo counterparts, and I highlighted major differences which I thought would be of interest to collectors. The material differences - including repeat pattern, material quality and bolt width have all been discussed and I have NOT seen this aspect debated. A number of Norwegian collectors active on the forum measured the material (width and pattern, hence the term "big oak" introduced by Scandinavian collectors for the material) and reported their findings.

Hilton, I know you are a student of these parkas and don't want to miss out on a chance to get the story straight. In your opinion:

- do you believe the material is German and imported, and identical (pattern, printing, material) to the oak used in German camo production?

- do you disagree that the material used in the Norwegian parka production is different than the German type?

- have you found any evidence (directives, procurement orders, shipping invoices, ect) the material was produced in Germany?

Thanks for the continued engagement on this interesting garment.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X