Opinion on SS Panzer M -43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on SS Panzer M -43

Guys, This cap came out of very old and large collection years ago. It's been looked at by many advanced cap collectors and been given thumbs up. I've read negative things about these traps in black. all opinions welcome.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

yep

I'd say a variation of the late war Dachau panzer m-43's with the exposed underside cardboard visors

Comment

The materials and construction all look correct to me. I'd say the large button could have been a replacement, but I don't know on that.

Agree with it being some form of Dachau-type original panzer cap, though - looks like a nice piece.

s/f Robert

Comment

Good one IMO

Comment

they also exist with the printed trap

Comment

They do, and the pull-downs on the cap posted are made from the same lining material as the printed-trap type of Dachau caps.

s/f Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by salt*creek View Post
                  Guys, This cap...It's been looked at by many advanced cap collectors and been given thumbs up....
                  I am wondering who they may have been.

B. N. Singer

Comment

cap itself is fine, the experts can help determine if the trap has been there for 70+ yrs.

Comment

Not original (imho)

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                        I am wondering who they may have been.

B. N. Singer
                        Hi,
                        This cap belonged to Ted Caso who had a huge SS collection. His items can be found in the Beaver books.
                        He was friends with Mike Beaver and most of the other big collectors during the great western show days. A lot of out of town dealers/collectors would stop by Ted's place during the show to see his collection and or buy and trade. This cap was in his collection since the early 80's.

Comment

Cap is good ...Trap ? another story and i don't like it so much ?
                          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                            Cap is good ...Trap ? another story and i don't like it so much ?
                            Nick
                            No, I did wonder.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by salt*creek View Post
                              Hi,
                              This cap belonged to Ted Caso who had a huge SS collection. His items can be found in the Beaver books.
                              He was friends with Mike Beaver and most of the other big collectors during the great western show days. A lot of out of town dealers/collectors would stop by Ted's place during the show to see his collection and or buy and trade. This cap was in his collection since the early 80's.
                              Sir, thank you for the information (history of origin).

I would say that Mr. Caso, (a name unfamiliar to me) and his associates do not ascribe to a like standard of originality as myself.

With regards,
                              B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X