Allgemeine SS NCO Tunic: Opinions, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Thanks Robert for your commentsThe previous post shows the markings I had mentioned before
      Now I am the happy owner of this tunic
      Many thanks for everybody for assisting me in this tunic.I have been looking for one for a very long time.

Comment

Hi,
        I can not see the pictures anymore.I would really like to keep this in my pendrive.
        What can i do know?

Comment

Make sure you are logged in, Mat - they are still up.

Don

Comment

Hello,

The tunic has arrived and it's really a beauty.It deserves a manequimf,for sure.
            The cuff title is missing,though.
            What are your feelings about restoring it?

Comment

Originally posted by mat View Post
              Hello,

The tunic has arrived and it's really a beauty.It deserves a manequimf,for sure.
              Isnt it restored allready? Was it bought like all original untouched?

//Felix

Comment

You mean all original túnics are restored?

Comment

You mean all original túnics are restored?
                  No I mean this tunic.

All original is all original. I simply have questions about this tunic and that why I commented.

//Felix

Comment

And what exactly is your concern?
                    Could you be more specific?

Comment

I just see a bit of different wear on the collar tabs then the rest of the tunic.
                      Especially the rank tab. The edelweiss tab has a bit of a moth bite too it.
                      It might be ok, but I would still check it carefully, because a lot of tunics are rebadged.
                      Perhaps its a matter of lighting in the photos that gives strange effects?

Just advicing to be careful. Im not says its bad but it needs a bit further checking out IMHO to be on the safe side.

Cheers
                      //Felix

Comment

Hi Felix,
                        Thanks for explaining better your observations.I understand most black ss tunic were stripped out of its original insignia and sent east,so the majority of them are rebadeged.Ian Hulley kindly explained this for me in a private message.
                        Robert H also mentioned in a private message, too, that both tunic and collar tabs are original,but its impossible to know if the badges were sewn to the tunic latter.
                        I will follow your advice,Felix,and take a closer look to the badges and try to determine if the difference between tabs and tunic is due to light or not.

Comment

I definitely remember the tab and I believe I have a photo of it saved in my archive somewhere .... I don't recall whether it was on a tunic or not.

Ian

Comment

Hello,

The tunic has arrived and it's really a beauty.It deserves a mannequin for sure.

A very nice looking tunic you have there and rare one too
                            Especially if the in insignia is original to the tunic
                            Wasn't this in a very early paper back book many many years ago ?
                            I the cuff-title had to be replaced then by all means do so
                            Does it show signs of one being there in the first place ?
                            Regards David

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                              I definitely remember the tab and I believe I have a photo of it saved in my archive somewhere .... I don't recall whether it was on a tunic or not.
                              Ok, I just checked and the one I have on file is an officer's bullion one not the grey embroidered type.

Ian.

Comment

David,thank you very much for your comments.Looks like many people remember this tunic for long time ago.There is no sign that a cuff title was ever on the tunic,as long as I can see.

Ian, thanks for searching in your files.

Felix,it seems that the difference between the collar tabs and tunic is due to light, just as you mentioned.I am tryingto get more pics to post later

Best

Mat

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X