Hohenstaufen Cuff Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
    Last week I was very excited about a Hohenstaufen cuff title posted by Chris, colorodocowboy on the forum. I have a veteran brought back Hohenstaufen cuff title of the exact pattern. Many, on the forum, told him this was a fake. It is 100% original and is the hardest of all the three pattern Hohenstaufen cuff titles to find.

Attached is an old thread about these:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ufen+bob+hritz

I had asked Chris to mail me the title so I could do a careful comparison and photograph the patterns together, finally having an excellent condition example.

The variation is just a different model of Jacquard Automated Weaving Loom. The rayon cellulose thread is identical to the more commonly found Hohenstaufen cuff title. There is only a slight difference in the weave, but material is identical.

I have included photos of the three patterns as well as a comparison to a uniform worn and removed direct vet brought example.

Bob Hritz
    I must admit, that not only was it the whiteness and newness of the cuff band that I noticed….but in particular it was the unsewn ends that caused me to doubt that it was an original band. The band seemed to be correct…except for the unsewn ends.
    I am very familiar with the bands that are original and manufactured with unsewn ends and this band was not one that I was familiar with.

It is a good thing that he didn't let it go at such a reasonable price as the listed grouping….so in a way it was a very good thing for it to be initially thought to be deemed as a repro.

Bob, does the vet acquired band also appear to be one with unsewn ends?

Vilja
    Last edited by Vilja; 05-27-2016, 02:29 PM. Reason: y

Comment

The rear top and bottom seam is also perfect right on Chris title. I am quite tired with many wrong calls for a material and good calls on post war material debates for pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Manalishi View Post
        if I saw the one at the bottom at a show, I'd pass. It looks like a Reddick repro.

Chris
        The cross bar on the 'H' is too high for a Reddick fake.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Vilja View Post
          I must admit, that not only was it the whiteness and newness of the cuff band that I noticed….but in particular it was the unsewn ends that caused me to doubt that it was an original band. The band seemed to be correct…except for the unsewn ends.
          I am very familiar with the bands that are original and manufactured with unsewn ends and this band was not one that I was familiar with.

It is a good thing that he didn't let it go at such a reasonable price as the listed grouping….so in a way it was a very good thing for it to be initially thought to be deemed as a repro.

Bob, does the vet acquired band also appear to be one with unsewn ends?

Vilja
          My worn example is cut short so I cannot tell if there were ever sewn ends. The minty example has cut edges that appear to not be factory, so I think it was done by whoever brought it back.

Chris will have it back in a few days.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            The cross bar on the 'H' is too high for a Reddick fake.

Ian
            Yeah...but his is only $15...

Comment

Thanks for showing Bob

Comment

Now, one question; Is the 9th SS- "Hohenstaufen" the only know cuff title that has this type of weave?

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X