Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Period modified m43 tunic

Hi guys
    i want to present this tunic. It has the green colar and i think its time period modification. The insignia looks ok to me.
    Tunic itself in very good conditon. made to fit a bit bigger guy, the repair is made really well and i think its time period modification as well. Nothing looks to have been done after 1945 but only the insignia attachment.

What do you think about it?
    CHeers
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This does not look like an original tunic to me.

The wool is not German perdiod cloth. IMHO this one is a fake.
                The cut is wrong and I have never seen stamps like that..
                They made it wider to fool I believe.
                Good for reenacting...

Comment

I am pretty sure I know where you bought this tunic. The seller is one of the best dealers in original SS items! If you ask him his opinion, more than likely you will get the truth.

First time I saw this tunic was I think at the Hermann Historica auction online.

Now the tunic, this is a Statni marked M43 style tunic. The modifications and insignia were more than likely done post war by the Czechoslovakia State Film industry. Proving that the modifications were completed pre-45 is going to be tough, its much easier to just assume the tunic is re-badged and modified post war. The shoulder boards are also going to fall into that unique item category also.

Comment

I like it! The material used for the straps is really cool!
                    Appears to be DAF cap band material! Using scraps like that is neat!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 04-09-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Well no need to hide the name of the dealer
                      Its from Martins site and i do trust him completly
                      So is the tunic really fake? Would love to hear more opinions on it

Comment

yes marine caps have same matherial as well - i do not doubt the insignia, but the doubts of the tunic itself of other people made me suspicious as well

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                          I like it! The material used for the straps is really cool!
                          Appears to be DAF cap band material! Using scraps like that is neat!
                          If you look at the pictur from top of the bords, you can see they are M44 signal bords, and on 44 bords are lots posibil, i like them verry mutch

Comment

Originally posted by Urka View Post
                            yes marine caps have same matherial as well - i do not doubt the insignia, but the doubts of the tunic itself of other people made me suspicious as well
                            Urka, it is only my opinion, And first impression, I could be wrong of course, but the wool looks very strange to me on these pictures. Are the strange numbers above the size from film use? I did not see those before.

Comment

Maybe make some straight shots of the jacket, now it is a weird angle.
                              And some detailed pictures of the wool. That could help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X