• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Oslo Kleiderkasse-SS outlet was situated at 23 Roald-Amundsens Gate

Comment

Much obliged Derek as always.

Comment

Yes that is correct Derek. They also had a facility/storage in Trondheimsveien in Oslo.Some items could also be ordered through the "Nasjonal Samling Riksdepot" (the norwegian collaborator governments "Kleiderkasse" ).

Comment

I'm curious to know whether the vets that you bought the caps from mentioned anything about purchasing them from the Kleiderkasse outlet?

From what I've read, diaries and letters etc, the SS Kleiderkasse system in Germany was a constant source of irritation due to delays and such forth. There is one well known diary of an SS doctor assigned to KZ Dachau who clearly states his frustration in regards to mail ordering a cap and resorts to planning a trip to Berlin to buy a cap but is talked out of it by his colleagues due to the bombing.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
            The first set is fine, original Overhoff TK and Zimmerman eagle.

Second set has an original Hieke eagle but I think that TK is a 360 fake.

Ian, where are you mate?
            Well spotted Ben

Comment

BenVK; I have never heard any frustration about the Kleiderkass i Oslo from any of the many veterans I have been in contact with over the years, so I guess that they run a rather smooth operation.

Comment

Beautiful caps Hilton. Would love to have them in my collection.
                Tom

Comment

Lucky you!

Really a nice pair.

dot-byf

Comment

Nice nice caps.

I took a look at my cap and it is identical
                    Also from Oslo - so there are some "Kleiderkasse Oslo" SS visors in Norway.

DeMil

Comment

Any interesting story about what happened to the SS-Kleiderkasse Oslo, when the occupation ended? Did the Germans just leave? Burned the place?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                        The first set is fine, original Overhoff TK and Zimmerman eagle.

Second set has an original Hieke eagle but I think that TK is a 360 fake.

Ian, where are you mate?
                        Sorry mate been trying to get my camper back together again. The welding's nearly done but while it's stripped out I'm upgrading the wiring, heater, water tank, insulation etc etc

The eagle isn't a Hicke looking from those shots, they aren't my strongpoint though, it looks like a Deschler or Wagner.

The 'Assmann' skull does appear to be a 360/** type and I'd also like Chris's opinion on the Overhoff skull ... there are a couple of lines on it that would make me uncomfortable (across the left side of the cranium and along the lower right side of the jawbone).

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X