SS Skanderbeg shields and collar tabs on uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Skanderbeg shields and collar tabs on uniforms

Well guys, the title says it all. Does anybody have photographic evidence of the sleeve shields and collar tabs being worn on uniforms during the WWII period?

Hi Besian, there is a photo in Jack Angolia's book on SS cloth (Page 361) which shows the arm shield in wear by the divisional supply officer, Von Pistor, on a tropical tunic. In this photo you cannot see the collar tab, but in another pic he wears the SS runes. This is on a different tunic.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks for the info Adrian, unfortunately I don't have Angolia's book on SS cloth

Comment

I have only ever seen pictures of the national sleeve shield being worn, never the collar patch, the unit was probably well disbanded before that patches left the manufacturers, without checking i believe over half of the men in that unit has deserted within the first couple of months, and thus the unit was disbanded, some went to PE as I remember,
        cheers,
        Gary

Comment

Hello Gary,

would the sleeve eagle be the type that was produced in Dachau or locally made?

Comment

Originally posted by Besian B.
            Hello Gary,

would the sleeve eagle be the type that was produced in Dachau or locally made?

Besian,
            there was no special eagle!!!!, eagles worn by any waffen-ss unit would be what was available and what was sewn to the tunic when the individual received it.
            cheers,
            Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary, for the point of clarification

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X