Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in identifying these please

Howdy,
    My brother-in-law is and lives in Germany. He helped a friend move last week and found some items in the attic of the place his friend moved in to. Four of the insignia are clearly SS. However the item above the eagle looks familiar buy I am not skilled in SS. Also a couple of Wehrmacht books I will post in another place. Thanks. Marvin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Marvin; 01-09-2005, 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Marvin,
    Alas this is a fake sorry,
    cheers,
    Gary

Comment

Here is the same type of fake item made into a flag
      Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

That was quick! Thank you! I was afraid of that. My only encouragement toward the authentic was that they were with a couple of 1940 and 1941 books. What is that thing above the eagle though? Marvin

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin
          That was quick! Thank you! I was afraid of that. My only encouragement toward the authentic was that they were with a couple of 1940 and 1941 books. What is that thing above the eagle though? Marvin
          Marvin,
          the thing above the eagle is supposed to be a LAH cypher,
          cheers,
          Gary

Comment

Can you provide me with some background info about this thing? The first thing my brother in law will say is how do I know it isn't authentic? Was there anything made that was like this or is this a special made fake item. I just want to supply information to Michael. Maybe a link to a site if typing would be too much? I sincerely appreciate you guys' expertise. Marvin

Comment

Marvin. You have just entered into a world of almost forensic detail.If you are into it for the long run, have some fun and learn. If not, run and keep running. The amount of info on this site and also "German daggars.com" is incredible if not outright bloody scary! Anyway, enjoy.

Comment

Hello Bill!

I know that this area is VERY specialized. I am interested in learning. My inquiry into this item is because my brother-in-law, who lives in Germany and found this thing asked me to seek info on it. I have no doubt that the item is fake as I was told because I know that the guys in this forim are educated. However, I am looking for a bit more info on this before I email him about it. Was/is there an original of this (I don't even know what it is supposed to be). If so, what did it represent? As a fake does it have any value? I don't even know what an LAH cypher is! How did this thing come to be? Just general info. Again, I sincerely do respect the knowledge represented in this forum. I will check out German Daggers. I haven't been there for awhile. Thanks again for everyones attention to my requestfpr info! Have a great weekend! Marvin

Originally posted by BILL
                Marvin. You have just entered into a world of almost forensic detail.If you are into it for the long run, have some fun and learn. If not, run and keep running. The amount of info on this site and also "German daggars.com" is incredible if not outright bloody scary! Anyway, enjoy.

Comment

Ok here's a crash course on what you have on your...uhhh...flag?

Totenkopfs (skulls) represent the loyalty to the Fatherland and the willingness to die for it.

Sigrunen (SS runes) each one represents victory or something along those lines.

In the middle is the typical SS arm eagle and above it the LAH cypher.

The LAH was the 1st SS unit, Known as Hilter's bodyguards, formed early in the Nazi regime days.

If I have anything wrong please do feel free to correct!

Comment

Thank you for this information. I know about the totenkopf, but the additional info is a BIG help to someone who knows little to nothing in this field of collecting. At least when I write back to Michael I can include factual info. Anything else anyone has to say about this 'flag' is greatly appreciated as well. Thanks again! Marvin
                    Originally posted by Gesetz
                    Ok here's a crash course on what you have on your...uhhh...flag?

Totenkopfs (skulls) represent the loyalty to the Fatherland and the willingness to die for it.

Sigrunen (SS runes) each one represents victory or something along those lines.

In the middle is the typical SS arm eagle and above it the LAH cypher.

The LAH was the 1st SS unit, Known as Hilter's bodyguards, formed early in the Nazi regime days.

If I have anything wrong please do feel free to correct!

Comment

Marvin,
                      There was no period item of this type so it is a true fantasy item, regarding the emblems on there the tk's are a copy of a woven type, the eagle is again a copy style, the runic emblem again is a copy style, get the picture, the emblems on the "thing" are of fake styles

below is the fake eagle style that is on your thing
                      cheers,
                      Gary

Comment

here is the type of runic emblem on your thing again this is a fake pattern, yours might be different as there are believe it or not different types like this some on green backing,

Comment

Thank you! The information supplied is MOST helpful and very much appreciated. Marvin

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin
                            Thank you! The information supplied is MOST helpful and very much appreciated. Marvin
                            Marvin,
                            can you make a better picture of the example you have?
                            cheers,
                            gary

Comment

Hello! Yes, I will send an email to Michael and have him send clearer pictures. I'll post them as soon as I get them. Marvin

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                              Marvin,
                              can you make a better picture of the example you have?
                              cheers,
                              gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X