Photographic study of SS gear in Czechoslovakia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickG View Post
    Here a helmet chin strap (dated 1946)which has the same lion stamp...here appearing on one of those controversial tan German helmets, of which 1000's were found
    in Czechoslavakia in the same unissued condition... (certainly makes me wonder)
    I won't show the entire helmet as that is not the theme of this thread...Those helmets remain controversial and a tropical related connection is circumstantial to many here!
    (but to me still a connectable dot, but that's a different topic!...Let's call it an interesting coincidence...liner detail on my tan helmet in 2nd image, minty unissued shelf survivor!)
    I believe these helmets were legit. I lost an auction on eBay of a picture showing US MPs and Czech border guards at the end of hostilities. The Czechs were dressed in German tropical pants and tunics, and wore the "controversial" helmets--at least in the B&W photo, the shade of gray left no doubt that the shell was this khaki color.

Comment

I have a question about the tropical tunics.
      Did any of them of this Italian tropical style have wooden buttons? (Except for the shoulder strap buttons)

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
        I have a question about the tropical tunics.
        Did any of them of this Italian tropical style have wooden buttons? (Except for the shoulder strap buttons)
        Wooden buttons is an Italian thing is it not? These saharianas (styled after Italian tunics) are German and have either metal or glass painted pebbled buttons. never seen wooden (pebbled?) buttons being used!

Here some more partisans in liberated SS tropical gear, (Sahariana shirts and tropical SS caps) with captured German ambulances
        with Czech medical staff assisting. Appears to be a resistance fighter run medical facility. (A Holocaust site describing it as Russian liberators...)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 08-14-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
          Here some reenactor impressions from the Czech republic where this "theme" is much more recognized!
          Repro SS Sahariana are being badged up for this!
          Hey there, NickG! Do you happen to know these guys or the manufacturer of these repro Sahariana items?

Cheers,
          Roald Thamesen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X