What the heck is this visor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck is this visor?

OK, I know the insignia (eagle, skull) are repros. My question is, what the heck is the visor cap? The inside looks like it has been redone (liner, sweatband) and the visor has an orange color on bottom unlike anything I've ever seen. The material seems to be a green woolen material. The band around the visor it a black felt type material. The piping is a carmine color which the photos don't show very well due to the lighting. Even though the second photo shows a white bit of color on the piping, that appears to have been some dirt as there is no break in the color. Any help in identifying what this cap may be would be greatly appreciated.
    Richard V
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

'
        Attached Files

Comment

fake SS Arty Em schirm.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. No problem believing it a fake but wonder if this is what it originally was created for? It isn't arty as the piping looks red under the lighting but is a dark wine/carmine in real life.
            Richard V

Comment

then either a badly dyed fake arty or a fake SS nebel visor (which didn't exist)

Comment

Does this appear to be built from the bottom up with the only intent being to create it as a fake or was this some type postwar visor which was frankensteined? The color does look like nebel troops color.
                Richard V

Comment

That is the second Nebel SS I have seen this week, the first being this one:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The color on the body of the first hat seems to be police green. The piping Gemeinden Polizei red/carmine. The shrinkage of the hat band,ie; too tight suggests the brown of a police cap might have been dyed black.

Might this have started life as a GemPo cap?

W.Unland

Comment

Interesting observation Bill. I had never paid attention to the shrinkage of the hat band before. If it is dyed, they did a killer job. I've tried to pull the band away from the piping to see if I can see any other color and it is all black. If dyed, they also managed to not have any dye encroach at all into the piping. It would almost need to have been taken apart, dyed and then put back together again. Are there any other things I can do to check on the possibility the band was dyed? Stonemint, at least yours is an officer version and the interior looks more believable.
                      Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X