Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can one of the smart SS guys explain this one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can one of the smart SS guys explain this one??

Take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purlnb6wb08

At 1:36 is an SS NCO. He has officer's litzen around his rank tab and an officer's chin cord. I don't see anything to indicate Officer Candidate, but that is neither here nor there. I tried to do a photo grab but didn't know how.
    I guess I should make it clear as to what I don't understand. Why does an NCO have litzen and officer cord?

Just before that, you see a Sturmbannfuhrer wearing an M43. It looks like the M43 has a metal visor cap eagle on it too!!
    Tim
    Last edited by TP Alexander; 04-07-2015, 10:57 PM.

Confusion

The individual is a Standartenjuker on field duty. Ian Hulley clued me in about this rank configuration sometime ago.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...FICER+CANDIDAT . See post 9.

Charles Betz

Comment

Charles,
      Thanx much. Saw that video and had to back it up and run it a half dozen times to make sure that my eyes weren't being tricked!
      Tim

Comment

Screenshots for keeping .. ;
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Note the colored piping on the Untersturmfuhrers Crusher cap.

Comment

Thank you for the help everyone. I must have seen this particular video 10 times and just never paid close enough attention before!
              It also looks like an officer quality sleeve eagle, from what I can tell, on the Standartenjunker's sleeve.
              Tim

klr-Agreed 100%. Never could understand why they didn't just give these guys battlefield promotions to Untersturmfuhrer, the same way the US Army promoted Sgt.s to 2nd Lt. butterbars when they needed them!
              Last edited by TP Alexander; 04-08-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Looks like he has a round officers buckle.

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                  It also looks like an officer quality sleeve eagle, from what I can tell, on the Standartenjunker's sleeve.
                  Tim
                  I believe it's an embroidered RZM pattern sleeve eagle, not bright enough for bullion.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
                    The individual is a Standartenjuker on field duty. Ian Hulley clued me in about this rank configuration sometime ago.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...FICER+CANDIDAT . See post 9.

Charles Betz
                    Ahem, Standartenoberjunker

Comment

I am happy to own such a tab set.

Comment

Collar Tab

Good eye Martin. I made my statement before the better pictures were posted.

Charles Betz

Comment

I know it was a rag tag assortment of units surrendering but were these particular ones ever identified ?

Ian

Comment

I would be happy owning any of those soldiers insignias, caps or tunics...

Very nice Very Very late war pics... Quite interesting...

Cheers
                            //Felix

Comment

Always geat to see thse clips - again and again!

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                              Note the colored piping on the Untersturmfuhrers Crusher cap.
                              Yeah, JP - admittedly, I'm not a "crusher" guy . . . but how many fella's here wouldn't go crazy to see something like this in-person?

[ I like the leather too! ]
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X