• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Junkerschule Braunschweig ring

Hello everyone,

Any opinions on this ring very welcome!

Klaus

www.butschek-antiques +++ www.ratisbons.com

The wear on the outside does not match the wear on the inside (none!) It looks like one of the fake rings that have been around, for about 30 years in the UK, with new engraving.

Comment

Well known fantasy fake ring. New inscription on the inside - but the fake itself is known since the seventies.

Comment

Kind of neat in of itself, as a fun wearing ring.

One of these fantasies that look like it should have been made during the period, but obviously wasn't.

I'd buy one for $30 or so, just for fun.

Comment

SS Ring

I think these originally had the runes in a diamond on the inside, didn't they? Unfortunately, I got one from AAG International, many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rbno View Post
            I think these originally had the runes in a diamond on the inside, didn't they?
            The early ones from Nicholas Morigi (UK based) had this mark and a 800 silver stamp however they were just plain metal. The latter ones had a silvered finish and he did one batch the were sterling silver.

It has been rumoured that they first came from Missouri in the late 60's
            Attached Files

Comment

Well known fake ring, maybe from Poland fakers.

I'm sorry

Cheers
              COLLECTING POLITICAL ITEMS, HJ AND SS

Comment

A true fantasy ring. Originally from the late 60s. The first ones had real fired enamel,,and were 2 piece [the rune cartouche was a separate piece] and they were made like originals from a die in a press!
                This ring and its brother ring [same but with Panzer skull in cartouche] along with the infamous 'SS Viking' ring are some of the first fantasy rings produced.
                There are many generations of this, with different hallmarks, engravings over the years and many display real wear and age!

Comment

There were rings with a black square with SS runes, but as far as I know, not exactly like yours. IMO this is a fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X