No announcement yet.

M43 jacket problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't remove Holes from lining... This is the major reason tobleave the eagle where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
      Ive seen collectors GLUE Ss insignia on original tunics.......collectors do the most stupid things actually, especially with tunics.

There is pratically no Ghost of any ss insignia (exept the collartabs), but the army eagle ghost is very clear, there are no really good traces of cufftitle or armeagle.

Im sure if it was worn wartime in combat the breast-eagle ghost would have faded more and the cufftitle and armeagle traces would be much clearer, now you have the opposit.

Its your tunic so you can do whatever you want, but the eagle is nicely restored , think about it before you remove it
      Will try to make a good photos in daylight without flash to show you that there is well visible places where cufftitle was ( clear traces of stiches and clear shadow of cufftitle while around dirty sleeve ) the same with place where eagle was.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
        You can't remove Holes from lining... This is the major reason tobleave the eagle where it is.
        Well there are already 2 lines of stiches from breast eagle being applied and reapplied ( and probably third factory original under the liner ). So no matter what I do, they still be visible.

Comment

You want restore it as SS it's clear. It's your tunic, do it.
          I stongly don't suggest to do, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
            You want restore it as SS it's clear. It's your tunic, do it.
            I stongly don't suggest to do, anyway.
            I didn't made my decision yet ( if I did than SS insignia would be already applied).
            This or another way; I bought it as restored jacket for price of parts ( jacket itself, eagle, collar patches and shoulderboards ) so it would not change too much. If I would bought it "naked" ( without any insignia ) jacket than I would not hestitate to restored it as WSS jacket ( traces of usage as such obviously present ). The main problem is that, I was looking for very very long time for army gabardine jacket for my late war set up and bought this one and now it turns up that it have evident traces of WSS insignia apllied at some point.

I would rather wish that it would have GD cufftitle shadow on opposite sleeve ( on right one ) instead of traces of WSS insigna on collar and keft sleeve.

Comment

It's clear that if you remove the breast eagle there will be an obvious and ugly breast eagle shadow.

Comment

Had been away for last few days and just came back . Here are photos traces of eagle, cufftitle and original position of army breast eagle ( to show you that it haven't been there - at least not complete ).

First army breast eagle original position.

Red lines are the very first original factory application of eagle.

Yellow lines show were the only visible shadow from breast eagle is still present .

As you can see there is no shadow of eagle in place original breast eagle application ( except for the area between yellow lines).
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is cufftitle
                  Attached Files

Comment

I believe I can see more shadow of the original eagle under the edge of the other wing as well.

It wouldn't make sense to me that there would be such a clear shadow on one edge of the eagle only.

Comment

arm eagle
                      Attached Files

Comment

Many of these things have been used as pincushions and been in various configurations since 1945.

This is a Heer tunic that had Heer insignia applied at the factory. Beyond that... only guesswork is possible.

Comment

Nice tunic in it's current configuration. Any change is speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                            Many of these things have been used as pincushions and been in various configurations since 1945.

This is a Heer tunic that had Heer insignia applied at the factory. Beyond that... only guesswork is possible.
                            Obviously it had for long time SS collar patches. One my collector friends of mine said to me that he has seen period photo of army gabardine M43 jacket used by WSS soldier ( with shadow of army eagle visible ). He said to me he will search for the photo in his digital archives and send it to me.

By the way; does any of you guys have ever seen M43 or M44 gabardine jacket with originaly applied WSS isngnia ( made by SS factories, stamped with SS depot stamps )?
                            Till today I have seen only M44 gabardine pants with SS depot stamps ( and only few M43 with SS depot stamps ) but never any M43 or M44 WSS jackets.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X