Happy new year !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, let's get back to the subject.

the rayon(staple fiber) was not used to military uniforms, military caps, and military accessories before 1939 in Germany,though there was not the amount of production of the raw cotton at all until the Nazi assumption of power in 1934.

Because the strength of the prewar rayon becomes 60% when getting wet with water.

The reinforced rayon was spun with other materials into thread and it was used for those combat uniforms after 1940.

if you know,Non-cotton materials are used for the interior of the military uniforms, caps which the year of production can identify before 1939. please let me know for a desire to learn .

Nylon 6 (Perlon,I.G.Farben,1937,) is considered to be nylon now.
    however it is originally different from Nyron 66 (DUPONT ,1935,USA).

I would like to show some one piece construction examples like my vail.

I am very intersting to your reproduction vail but I am afraid that your vail is recognized to be a genuine article by future collectors.

At last,

I also have purchased some items from HSC collections before.
    There were very good items in them,of course there were reproductions.

However, He accepted return of them comfortably then.
    I think that it is to be able to say to all thoughtful military dealers.

Regards,
    Morio
    Last edited by m.ishimura; 01-11-2015, 06:38 AM.

Comment

From Michael Beaver's book:

Pre-War example. Three-peice, twill weave on left and right sections. Braided Rayon cord with frayed, not tied, ends.

Close up view of the weave of a Pre-War veil

Your concern about my veil being considered an original in the future is exactly what has happened with your preproduction veil and the other one you shared.

If you are so confident your is original please post it on the forum asking opinions from the experts here.

Comment

I saw all of Jerome Blake's original veils, one early and three late's all at one time and was able to hold and examine them all. This one in question is a fake. When I worked for SM Wholesale, they were offered at one time in large numbers from either Poland or CZ, cant remember. HSC also has an advert with them in Militaria Magazine from the late 80's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X