Unknown Skull Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Skull Question

Not sure if this is the right place but I will start here...

The following skull (example on the left) is approximately 4.8 cm by 4.2 cm, basically twice the size of a SS cap skull (repro used for demonstration purposes).

I don't know skulls and don't collect them either and I am posting this for another collector looking for help. I appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Back to the top for thoughts on this one...
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Dave,,other than being a fantasy maybe its for a photo album..

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
        Dave,,other than being a fantasy maybe its for a photo album..
        Thanks, I didn't think of that (photo album) before.

Comment

There is a skull which is twice as big than the normal skull which is very very rare.
          I think it could be Italian ... But I don't this this is one of them ?
          Lets see what others have to say
          Regards
          David

Comment

British made fantasy item for bikers , appr. 1970's - never meant to fool anyone .
            On the reverse the traces of the typical British style lugs can still be seen ..
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's a close relative ;
              Attached Files

Comment

Well-known as a fantasy I should hope ..
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                  British made fantasy item for bikers , appr. 1970's - never meant to fool anyone .
                  On the reverse the traces of the typical British style lugs can still be seen ..
                  Many thanks for the answer, that solves it. And I also want to thank all the other that commented. It's just good to know one way or another on these pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C. View Post
                    Many thanks for the answer, that solves it. And I also want to thank all the other that commented. It's just good to know one way or another on these pieces.
                    Winkelman is 100% correct, these were for sale here (as repros) back in the 70's.

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X