W. Sievers signature on docs of Dr. Hans Strobel and Strobel Brooch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W. Sievers signature on docs of Dr. Hans Strobel and Strobel Brooch

Received some ahnenerbe documents signed by Wolfram Sievers - correspondence with Dr. Hans Strobel. These letters came out of a larger group of Strobel effects to include this runic brooch once owned by Dr. Strobel himself!
    Attached Files

detail on Dr. Strobel's brooch and one of the Sievers signatures
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

all docs
        Attached Files

Comment

2 signatures of Sievers here. If I am incorrect, please correct me.
          Attached Files

Comment

Love that brooch Don ..... Wow
            Regards
            David

Comment

thanks David, it was a pretty nice surprise to me as well! And to know it came out of Dr. Strobel's effects makes it even an nicer find.

Comment

Cap, going strong! Where do you find it?!
                Nice piece

Comment

thanks DMV. Just out and about talking to Germans about runic brooches and the man said, "I have one belonging to an ss guy." And I ask if there is anything else from him and he shows all the ahnenerbe docs so as you can see, it was too much temptation for me to resist!

Comment

It was we'll known that Sievers used a runic S when signing his name. Nice!

Comment

thanks Erich....anyone else have examples of Sievers signature?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                        thanks Erich....anyone else have examples of Sievers signature?
                        As one can imagine there is a whole bunch of docs residing in the Bundesarchiv Berlin signed by Sievers and they all look similar/identical to yours.
                        By the way: when studying these docs there is one "Inventarverzeichnis" of the Ahnenerbe head office in Berlin-Dahlem in there revealing that Sievers must have loved Allach products (they are listed) as well as wrought iron candelabers from the SS-smithy at Wewelsburg. He had even one of the big DHW closets in there - the Kassettenschrank, DHW Nr. 83!

It was Karl Diebitsch being responsible for the whole interieur design in that building.

Comment

nice looking piece! Is the reverse pretty standard or something special?

Comment

standard but both the clasp metal piece and the brooch are separately stamped with "LUXOR" and a number I cannot recall at the moment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X