Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance on these?

Hi Guys

These just came in and was hoping for some opinions on them please? The runes are very nicely embroidered and I wonder if this is an altered original runic tab? It came with the hand made rank tab posted, both are exactly the same size.

The boards I think are probably ok from the construction?

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

////
      Attached Files

Comment

;;;;
        Attached Files

Comment

''''
          Attached Files

Comment

Even though the runes do look nice .... and have the extra black backing material
            I am going to say .... No
            Regards
            David

Comment

Im thinking the runic tab was made smaller to match the home made rank tab or to fit a narrower collar? Speaking of which, looks like its missing a pip but then again it looks like it may be a stürmann tab? But then that wouldn't match the boards? I think the runic tab is very well done
              Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
              Even though the runes do look nice .... and have the extra black backing material
              I am going to say .... No
              Regards
              David

Comment

I know the runic is unusual but i like it.There is a very similar on on this site listed under insignia
                http://www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com/
                Cheers
                Dave.

Comment

Thanks for the comments Guys ... Dave, great link, that is for sure the same type of runic tab with the runes tilted slightly forwards rather than back. I think that these started life as two original tabs and had the buckram removed and then reduced in size. Here is how they would have looked on the collar....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Patrick there certainly not what you call text book i'm sure this would put off many collectors.But i think there worth keeping.
                    Cheers
                    Dave.

Comment

So as not to sully an other wise stellar collection...ship them off to me...'mon it's fathers day right?
                      Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
                      Thanks for the comments Guys ... Dave, great link, that is for sure the same type of runic tab with the runes tilted slightly forwards rather than back. I think that these started life as two original tabs and had the buckram removed and then reduced in size. Here is how they would have looked on the collar....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X