Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Heil SS Forum

I have found this thread in regards to this Heimwehr Danzig helmet with a Totenkopf skull decal-

does anyone have any more info on this Helmet is it the real Deal ?

I tryed searching to see if it had been posted an discussed before ,and came up with 0 posts or threads-

so here is the link- http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...g-helmet-9419/

regards

TOMEGA

It is the real deal and this helmet resides in the pristine collection of a member here from Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Niederlande View Post
      It is the real deal and this helmet resides in the pristine collection of a member here from Canada
      Whats the guys name again ????.............

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
        Please follow the thread from the other forum and you will have your answere

Comment

DougB owns it.....

Comment

Helmet

The only photo I've seen of the Danzinger helmets in wear, the skulls were the early, Hussar-type skulls. Helmets such as this are EXTREMELY rare, and, thus, always require suspicion. Such insignia were hand stencilled, and an enterprising faker can easily fake such artwork. Having said that, I've no reason to believe this helmet is a fake, other than it's rarity, it's ease of reproduction, and the easy availability of rusty, war-torn helmets. It's not that hard to re-rust and age a painted area. I'm not saying it's fake - just an item that requires extreme caution.

Comment

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
              DougB owns it.....
              I know DougB owns it Kyle, I was being facetious, who else would own it !!!

Comment

I know DougB owns it Kyle, I was being facetious, who else would own it !!!
                Lol. Took it the wrong way

Comment

I would just like to add that there were decal deaths head insignia used on some of the model 35 Danziger helmets. The deaths head was the the later version used by the SS I have seen pictures of this helmet in use.

Comment

I also believe DougB has a photo with what looks like this exact helmet in wear.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X