This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das Reich member on trial

This is interesting. You can't help wonder if some poor enlisted guy is taking the whole rap for everything done by the Der Fuehrer unit that was there.

http://news.yahoo.com/88-old-charged...ntsharebuttons

My uncle was in that area with the WH when all this happened.
    I wish he would wrote it down what he experienced in this area as a paramedic for the WH. I don't want to uncharge the German side nor the French side. All I can say all happened about immane, inhumane, barbarous activitys.

I would be interested how it would be handeld 70 years later in war activitys?
    Possible send 4 drones over the village and amen to it. Pending who is doing it.
    It all about the politics and nothing else, because otherwise many many many could get charged ...

Comment

Hi,
      please read the article carefully. He is no (yet) on trials.
      If the prosecutors open a case, its implied by law that investigations must start as murder to not lapse of time.
      It will be than decided if there is enough evidence to put him on trials.
      I most of the recent cases the courts have not open the trials mainly because of age and health issues.
      Regards
      Christian

Comment

talking on this level 70 years later is enough, oder genuegend.
        Of course we know every one has different views on such matters ...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
          My uncle was in that area with the WH when all this happened.
          I wish he would wrote it down what he experienced in this area as a paramedic for the WH. I don't want to uncharge the German side nor the French side. All I can say all happened about immane, inhumane, barbarous activitys.

I would be interested how it would be handeld 70 years later in war activitys?
          Possible send 4 drones over the village and amen to it. Pending who is doing it.
          It all about the politics and nothing else, because otherwise many many many could get charged ...
          Yep and who was this guy even just one guy in an entire company...seems like an appeasement deal between politicians in France and Germany. In the meantime a mans life built up over the years after the war and quite possibly his families life is ruined. There have been many such incidents in wars over the centuries right up to the current one...War is hell.

Comment

Very interesting, just last night we were watching the BBC "World at War" series. The very first episode starts by showing this village and explaining why it stands today still in ruins as a symbol of the terrible things that happened there and in WW2.

"troops blockaded and then set fire to a church, in which dozens of women and children were burned alive" There is no excuss what so ever for doing this

"On the other hand, if the case does go to trial, it is possible it would be held in a juvenile court because the suspect was only 19 at the time". This would seem fair because although "the suspect was part of the 3rd Company of the 1st Battalion of the "Der Fuehrer" regiment of the fanatical SS's "Das Reich" division". He would be a replacement soldier barely out of training who probably had not been with this front line unit very long. It is very likely, D-Day 6 June that he is facing battle for the first time,

Chris
            Last edited by 90th Light; 01-08-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

QUOTE=90th Light;6230325]

"troops blockaded and then set fire to a church, in which dozens of women and children were burned alive" There is no excuss what so ever for doing this

Chris[/QUOTE]

I've heard a lot of different tales on this including that the Resistance set fire to the church to destroy weapons and explosives they had hidden there........

http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Oradou...ynopsis02.html

Comment

If he participated on any level and is found guilty, lock him away.
                The death of innocent children cuts as deep today, as it did then.

If this coward looked innocent women and small children in the eye and then helped to condemn them to death, he no deserves pity whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                  Very interesting, just last night we were watching the BBC "World at War" series. The very first episode starts by showing this village and explaining why it stands today still in ruins as a symbol of the terrible things that happened there and in WW2.

"On the other hand, if the case does go to trial, it is possible it would be held in a juvenile court because the suspect was only 19 at the time". This would seem fair because although "the suspect was part of the 3rd Company of the 1st Battalion of the "Der Fuehrer" regiment of the fanatical SS's "Das Reich" division". He would be a replacement soldier barely out of training who probably had not been with this front line unit very long. It is very likely, D-Day 6 June that he is facing battle for the first time,

Chris

Ive just read "Comrades to the end" Otto Weidinger.He says by 1944 most
                  of Das Reich division were Conscripts and not fanatical Nazis.

The unit that ended up in Oradour looking for Kampfe lead by Stubaf Diekmann
                  stated they found on entering Oradour the charred remains of a German unit.They
                  found arms in many houses and that this village was a hotbed of French freedom fighters so he decided to kill all men and set fire to the village.Diekmann stated
                  that the fire led to explosions from ammo and the church caught fire.

Comment

Originally posted by desiro View Post
                    Ive just read "Comrades to the end" Otto Weidinger.He says by 1944 most
                    of Das Reich division were Conscripts and not fanatical Nazis.

The unit that ended up in Oradour looking for Kampfe lead by Stubaf Diekmann
                    stated they found on entering Oradour the charred remains of a German unit.They
                    found arms in many houses and that this village was a hotbed of French freedom fighters so he decided to kill all men and set fire to the village.Diekmann stated
                    that the fire led to explosions from ammo and the church caught fire.
                    complete and utter bollicks, no parastian were operating in the immediate area

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm View Post
                      complete and utter bollicks, no parastian were operating in the immediate area
                      You need to do much more research on this before making this kind of statement. Then ask yourself, why have the French sealed all records associated with this incident for 100 years

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
                        You need to do much more research on this before making this kind of statement. Then ask yourself, why have the French sealed all records associated with this incident for 100 years
                        Clearly because the SS were innocent and are totally above reproach in all matters.

Cheers,

Jamie

Comment

Does someone know or read what happened to captured soldiers from the WH or SS in this area prior to Oradour?
                          Did someone know how dead soldiers where found, what parts of them where cut off and done with it?
                          Oradour was not only about Kaempfe, nor Weidinger wrote the whole story down. Possible the full story is locked up.

Comment

You're a teenage private soldier in a famous unit with veteran hardbitten NCOs and officers in an army with extremely strict discipline and capital punishment for many offences. Do any of you think it reasonable or likely that someone would refuse to participate or even worse refuse orders knowing full well it would mean losing their own life?
                            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                              You're a teenage private soldier in a famous unit with veteran hardbitten NCOs and officers in an army with extremely strict discipline and capital punishment for many offences. Do any of you think it reasonable or likely that someone would refuse to participate or even worse refuse orders knowing full well it would mean losing their own life?

I would seriously consider my life choices when the direction led to murdering children

What a shame the men of such an illustrious SS unit were not brave enough, or courageous enough to stand up against evil; they'd rather burn children alive instead.

If found guilty--- lock him away, even though he deserves worse.

Cheers,

Jamie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X