My LAH tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

thanks for all comments so far. What do other collectors think of the SS collartab ??

kind regards,

Gerd V

Comment

Hello Gerd

Tunic is great, but I don't like the insignia on it (except the cuff-title) , I think it's put toghether

Best

Hardigan

Comment

The so called RZM collar tabs, is there realy a little black space from the runes to the border around the runes or is it a shadow? Earlyer collar tabs and a BeVo cufftitle, I mean we know a lot of things are posiible and not everything has to be textbook and I agree with it. But I donĀ“t know, that needs then a well done inspection and then I guess still knowbody knows 100% original attached or not.

Hellooo, where is the orignal owner

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hassler
          The so called RZM collar tabs, is there realy a little black space from the runes to the border around the runes or is it a shadow? Earlyer collar tabs and a BeVo cufftitle, I mean we know a lot of things are posiible and not everything has to be textbook and I agree with it. But I donĀ“t know, that needs then a well done inspection and then I guess still knowbody knows 100% original attached or not.

Hellooo, where is the orignal owner
          Hi Robert,

no, it's not a shadow. There is a little seperation between the runes and the border around the runes.

regards,
          Gerd V

Comment

Originally posted by willysproject
            Hi Robert,

no, it's not a shadow. There is a little seperation between the runes and the border around the runes.

regards,
            Gerd V
            I'm also troubled by the runic. The border of the runes is always a thing to look for, since this is usually a feature that 'they' get wrong.
            Cheers
            Bart

Comment

In over 30 years collecting, I have only ever seen ONE Waffen-SS field tunic which I was satisfied in my own mind was totally untouched.

The vast majority are put-togethers.

I think this particular tunic appears on page 9 of this month's 'Armourer' magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                In over 30 years collecting, I have only ever seen ONE Waffen-SS field tunic which I was satisfied in my own mind was totally untouched.

The vast majority are put-togethers.

I think this particular tunic appears on page 9 of this month's 'Armourer' magazine.
                I could not agree with you more The only way I think I would be satisfied in my own mind is if I got it from the Vet himself.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

yes i m like robin, all SS tunics that i have seen in 20 years collecting have been put together. But liked i sayed in a different thread, as long the tunic is an original SS model and all insignias are original even if post war applied, this would be as the closet as we get to an original SS tunic these days.

Alex

Comment

Hi Gerd -

Have you black-lighted the award loops by any chance? It is a little rare to find black thread used, but not impossible.

Don

Comment

i m affraid that just by blaklightening the threads is not enough, you find old sweeing threads without any phospore in it on every flea market, in germany as well as in US.

so this can not be granted for a guarantee.

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex -

Agreed, but if they glow like a pregnant woman, I would say that it would indicate something, no?

Don

Comment

yes you right, just lets hope they dont.

alex

Comment

Hi Don and Alex,

I just got home and did the blacklight test. It's negative on the complete tunic

best regards,
                            Gerd V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X