6 x 30 ss dienstglas ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 x 30 ss dienstglas ...

Would like to hear some opinions about that thing, I believe the binocular is OK and original but the case? Never seen such a huge skull marking on binocular case before. Binocular lenses are without scales and probably replaced.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have an entrenching tool cover with an embossed skull on it. I have always been lead to believe these markings have a are a Tokenkopf connection but I have never seen one like this. Unless there are variants.
          Also I have never seen these marks on metal either
          Regards
          David

Comment

They sometimes appear on the stocks of SS K98 rifles, there has been one posted recently

Comment

There is a thread on these binocular markings in the optics thread , that skull stamped in the leather doesn't conform with known leather stampings

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carter View Post
                There is a thread on these binocular markings in the optics thread , that skull stamped in the leather doesn't conform with known leather stampings
                I'm afraid I have to disagree- this exact style of skull mark can be found on various pre-war leather items like holsters, map cases etc., and have turned up on veteran acquired pieces. The exact significance is unknown, but it was certainly an SS marking...

Comment

same original below
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ground-found items
                    Attached Files

Comment

Tk
                      Attached Files

Comment

TK marking on leather (ground-found)
                        Attached Files

Comment

For comparison. TK on Luger holster and on my bino case.

Jack
                          Attached Files

Comment

I like it. I don't like the fact all the screws are buggered, but it all conforms to known originals.

Comment

Binos could be restored/repainted. Wrapping from the tubes is gone and they appear to be repainted. Possibly they were disassembled to do it, that's why screws are marked and not screwed in fully. Just an observation. Mine in 101k serial range have aluminium covers. These have brass.

Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X