No announcement yet.

SS marked cyanide capsule holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The IWM Himmler piece and the Göring example pictured in Ben S's book appear identical, with a pressure fit cap. The threaded examples with the hokey SS markings are unlike any documented originals but appear to be identical to those offered by Rex Reddick and Nick Morigi and sold as reproductions since the 90s, and possibly earlier.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
      The IWM Himmler piece and the Göring example pictured in Ben S's book appear identical, with a pressure fit cap. The threaded examples with the hokey SS markings are unlike any documented originals but appear to be identical to those offered by Rex Reddick and Nick Morigi and sold as reproductions since the 90s, and possibly earlier.
      Erich
      I agree. I would love to see the tops and bottoms of the H and G examples. I am sure they are unmarked. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by docf View Post
        Ron it's really funny cause the encased double runes on the base looks nonsensical until you look at it under magnification.

docf
        You need to post some pictures of your example to see what you are talking about. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
          You need to post some pictures of your example to see what you are talking about. Regards, Ron.
          I will have my wife photo this tomorrow. It is also interesting to note under mag. of 20x the base has a metallic seal which is part of the cannister where the canister threads meet the threads at the beginning of the shaft. Do you have any idea what the value of cannisters would be? Any idea of how to photo this peice?

docf

Comment

Thanks for the input Barry in helping to est. the Allach and the SS in other than pottery. I forgot all about it on the skull dagger as you displayed. I knew Himmler had a love for this company, but was not sure where the logo was placed on other things except ceramics. Do you have any idea of reading materials to further learn about this company?

docf
            I used to have a few Allach pieces back in the 1960's, but as I am out of touch with that part of the hobby do not have knowledge of any current references, which is what you need for further research/study. As I understand it an SS officer, Professor Karl Diebitsch, was appointed by RFSS Himmler as artistic director of the SS Porcelain works at Allach/Dachau. Diebitsch is credited with design of other SS artifacts and the "Allach" mark, which can perhaps be more correctly described as the SS-Kulturabzeichen.

regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
              Tesch u Stabenow was the firm who produced Zyklon B. Very sinister. The double rune stamp on the bottom of my case is the Allach Porcelain logo. Why in the world would that be on there? I recall reading somewhere that Himmler actually had a batch of these made up near the very end and was offering them to high ranking people if they wanted them. It is hard to believe under the circumstances, the manufacturer, whoever it was, would bother to elaborately mark them. Just my opinion.
              Zyklon B was a commercially produced rodent poison fumigant produced by Tesch und Stabenow of Hamburg, used on container ships carrying grain. The SS found the fumigant to be lethal to humans and soon employed it at extermination camps.

To consider that the RFSS would go to a commercial rat poison maker during the war to produced cyanide capsules is amusing, considering he had at hand the capabilities of the KTI (Kriminal Technishe Institute) der Sicherheitspolizei, which had the facilities to manufacture and test poison bullets and other equipment for clandestine operations such as those of Skorzeny. And thus keep it out of public knowledge.

In Himmler's pockets were found two of the brass containers, one of which is displayed at the IWM. Because and empty one was found, the British authorities began to search him and when they reached the mouth, he crushed the cyanide capsule.

If I was concerned about capture and the ability to quickly end my life, I would not want to worry about unscrewing a small brass contained. The pressure cap seems most logical. The SS runes within the octagon as has been explained was designed by Diebitsch and is identified in period literature as the SS-Kulturabzeichen found on SS produced artistic artifacts such as the SS/Police sword, Allach porcelain and the M1936 Dienstdolch chain hanger. It seems hardly suitable to be found on cyanide capsules, but it has found its way to other non-design such as 98K bayonets and the like.

Comment

I will have my wife photo this tomorrow. It is also interesting to note under mag. of 20x the base has a metallic seal which is part of the cannister where the canister threads meet the threads at the beginning of the shaft. Do you have any idea what the value of cannisters would be? Any idea of how to photo this peice?

docf
                Ron I took pictures tonight and went a little farther to include a few of my Herrmann 21.6.44 TK documented ring ,however being new and unfamiliar with site I do not know how to post the pictures from my document s to the site as it will not accept them??

docf Zyklon B =rodent killer: Cyanide is a Rodent killer. It was not made as a people killer. Here in Fl in fact in the early 70's ranchers and farmers were able to purchase Cyanide with a signature. for control and monitoring purposes. I see no reason Tesch would not produce both.
                Last edited by docf; 06-24-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Photo problems

Ron I took some pictures this eve, however I do not know how to transfer my phot0's from my documents to the site?

docf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X