SS Dot m44 trousers opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dot m44 trousers opinion

What do you guys think of these trousers, are they good?

here is the link to the website, search for the trouser M44

http://www.military-antiques-stockholm.com/

Thanks for watching/comment

regards Nick

how manny variations excisted of this trousers? because the one I asked about, has the little watch pocket missing, or just has a slit.

Anny suggestions?
    Thanks

Comment

Hello Nick,
      Nice pants, no doubt.
      Best regards.
      Patrick.

Comment

helo patrick,

thanks for the comment, but which model is this then?
        I only can find trousers with the small pocket at the front of the trousers, not the slit..
        And on the back the two cloth straps are missing where normally the braces are attached on, no?

maybe a stupid qeustion,but I'm not to old to learn.

Thanks in advance
        Nick
        Last edited by nick d.c.; 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I would wait for a better pair condition wise...

You will have a very hard time selling these if you buy them. Just my opinion.

Comment

thanks for your honnest opinion michael

Comment

Your very welcome.

Best,

Comment

Originally posted by nick d.c. View Post
                thanks for your honnest opinion michael
                There is a world resession on.

Armed now with this other dealers opinion why not offer a bit less or a lot less if they would be hard to shift?

A lot of money if you are not sure which 'model' they are?

Good luck

Jock

Comment

missing watch pocket

thanks for the comment, but which model is this then?
                  I only can find trousers with the small pocket at the front of the trousers, not the slit..
                  I own a pair like this and the flap of the small pocket for the little watch has been used to close a hole at the rear (sewn outside)!
                  An internal pocket was aded and hand made in green HBT cloth with a slit handsewn !
                  When you have a look to the thread of the patch used inside to close the hole of the right knee, I think that you can see the form and the size of this missing flap !
                  I've already seen a stained pair of dot SS panzer trousers in smooth cloth where 2 pockets with slit was aded (on the front) on the side of the legs and the internal cloth was made with the striped white and blue HBT cloth used to made the inmates suits !
                  One pocket (left) have the size for a knife and the other for a small pistol (?)

Comment

thanks a lot guys, something learned today

Nick

Comment

just had a question about which model they are? because the abscence on the back of the braces "straps" are something which wasn't verry abvious?

Also on the front the watchpocket is just a slit, the well known trousers always have a little watchpocket, this trousers hasn't.

Can annybody tell me what model this was then? The latest produced in the war, for infantry not armoured crew i asume?

Anny info is stille welcome to learn about this...
                      Thanks
                      Nick

Comment

As far as I am concerned I would need to see pictures, the link posted by you provides no pictures. But:

because the abscence on the back of the braces "straps" are something which wasn't verry abvious?
                        Which? Those on the inside or outside or all? The ones on the inside were removed every now and then.

Also on the front the watchpocket is just a slit, the well known trousers always have a little watchpocket, this trousers hasn't.
                        Both variants are ok, the one with the slit type is rarer.

The slit type is an earlier variation IMO as it is more difficult to produce and I am not really sure I have ever seen pants with steel buttons (late) with that slit type pocket...doesn't mean they aren't out there. But from what I have seen so far yours should not have steel buttons.

I suspect that your pants are the "infantry type", panzer variants have pocket flaps, an internal belt, no reinforced bottom and a number of other differences.

Cheers

Comment

hello fritz,

thanks for the reply.
                          your answers give me a quite good answer on what i was questioning myself.
                          The pictures are gone indeed from Peter"s website.

My trousers is one without the extra brace straps on the back, never where there, because no remnants of them can be seeing.
                          I can't post picture also because i'm on ordenary member and not allowed to, sorry.

So further there is indeed a slit instead of a little watchpocket.

Thanks again for the reply, if you have pictures to post for a better view of this,go ahead please

Regards Nick

Comment

my mistake, there where some straps at the back, but cut off like you sead.

So it explains a lot.

thanks annyway

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Nicolaou View Post
                              I would wait for a better pair condition wise...

You will have a very hard time selling these if you buy them. Just my opinion.
                              Maybe Michael has a couple that are in better condition and easier to sell, perhaps at a profit even?

//Göran

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X