very nice and rare original.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
        Hello.

What is your opinion?

You're the cammo master.

Regards,
        Chris.
        Well, it's truly amazing that a completely new version of the Planetree pattern is discovered after nearly 70 years. Apparently, Beaver missed it along with all the SS collectors - its never been discussed in any books or even here for that matter. It means that there are likely collectors out there with this version of zelt in their collectors and even in smocks and their not even aware of it.

I find it amazing that no one here is even interested in discussing the significance of this new pattern. It is not simply just another version of Planetree but the a new stage of this pattern's evolution that spanned almost 7 years. By modifying the pattern, they were able to greatly reduce fabric and zelt production time and it solved the negative visual aspect of the bottom and diagonal lines where the patterns joined each other. They could then cut zelts in any position and still have a free flowing pattern and the horizontal blocks and diagonal pattern join lines were eliminated on smocks.

This should be something very special to a collector of German camo.

Comment

I haven't seen this person sell a fake zelt yet.
          I await the book on Zelts this person is compiling.
          It will be quite enlightening to see some Zelts that
          are very rare (the particular Zelt you refer to is one
          of those rare ones and will no doubt command a
          substantial price).

Comment

what is your opinion on this zelt

This pattern is known to advanced collectors and its only now known to you ?
            Weird Cammo master

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
              This pattern is known to advanced collectors and its only now known to you ?
              Weird Cammo master
              are you talking about the later 5/6 pattern or the 5/6 without #'s?

Comment

Can you please clarify about this detail from zelt ?
                "often they are missing the centre bottom small eyelet re-enforcing patch" Is this detail obligatory or sometimes can not presemt ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                  Can you please clarify about this detail from zelt ?
                  "often they are missing the centre bottom small eyelet re-enforcing patch" Is this detail obligatory or sometimes can not presemt ?
                  Hi Alex,

Positioned at the bottom centre of a regular zelt, is a small square patch of fabric which re-enforces either 1 or 2 eyelets (the US guys call them grommets). It is very rare to have this patch missing from a zelt but for some reason, I have seen 3 of these Planetree NN zelts with it deleted. The zelt in the auction is one of those zelts missing that patch.

Hope that helps clarify things for you.
                  Cheers

Comment

Thank you Camo master, for reply.

Comment

How well known kammo man

I wish kammo man would elaborate! He says this pattern is "known" to advanced collectors. Really? So well known that it doesn't exist in any published literature that I know of. Why don't you fill us in kammo man.

Comment

So this thread does not become another useless one with no photos here is the only remaining photo from the sale that was so long ago.
                        instead of posting links to sale I think the poster should properly transfer photos using the WAF server and not a hosting service?

Kevin
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X