Two sleeve eagles for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two sleeve eagles for review

I was asked by another member to move these pictures to this board to see what this groups thinks of the two SS sleeve eagles that came in a group I recently purchased. I really like the one with the part of the uniform that is still attached. What can you tell me about them?

Thanks,
    Kevin

The BeVo eagle on the piece of wool is good. I take it that the eagle is a grey thread eagle that now has a darker patina and not a tropical tan thread. As for the white embroidered eagle above it... while I've never seen this style, I like it.

Comment

The Bevo sleeve eagle is a typical original example.
      The one above the Bevo even though in a thicker silver grey thread has similar characteristics as the Bevo.
      I too have never seen this type before either branded as a fake or original
      Regards
      David

Comment

The ss tropical eagle it is a 100% original, the ebroidered eagle above , I have no idea , but its looks nice!
        Attached Files

Comment

What is so different about the machine embroidered eagle? Isn't it an early EM/NCO version? Is it much different than this one I found on a dealer site? Outside of the pattern being a little different, is the construction the same?

Pictures of one I found on a dealer site.

Last edited by kpaintner; 01-27-2013, 05:58 PM. Reason: added explanation

Comment

Look dear boy ..... Look and you shall see. There a massive difference ......
            This is how you will learn ..... This is what most of us have been doing for many meany years
            Regards
            David

PS I would still like to hear some comments on the thread eagle ...... Please ?

Comment

For instance look at the shape of the head on yours compared to the one you post for comparison, you can then work your way down.... the one you post last for comparison to yours is a well known example.

Kevin

Comment

The cut-off is a dirty grey eagle NOT a tropical.

Ian

Comment

both eagles are original
                  the embroidered eagle has been shown before, can't remember where, but i'm pretty sure i've seen it and well respected members have ok'd it
                  think it is also shown in beavers trilogy on ss uniforms!!
                  regards
                  wisches

Comment

I agree..I am a babe in the woods on this stuff and trying to learn That is why I appreciate this site so much....lots of people that are willing to share years of experience with newbies like me.

Ok..here is what I see...the top of the head of my eagle appears to be more defined and flatter. Beak is more defined. Feathers in the throat area seem to be pretty close, but feathers on the breast on my eagle are larger and of a different design. Detail of legs and feet are better on my example also. I also see a finer detail in the inner wing feathers on my example. So as a whole, I would say that my example has much better over all detail. Am I getting closer to differentiating the birds or have I missed the mark?

Thanks,
                    Kevin

Comment

Kevin,
                      Maybe this will help, your eagle surrounded by other types of machine embroidered eagles.
                      The detail to the head/body of your eagle is closest to the bird at lower left, but the rest, including simple circle around the swaz, is closer to the other ones.
                      Regards,
                      Fred
                      Attached Files

Comment

Or this type , with a double smooth ring around the swastika ( picture from Chrisutter ) - a feathered chest is indeed highly unusual on embroidered sleeve eagles ..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not one I have ever seen before but i do like the shape and construction.

Greg

Comment

You know the SS section of the forum should have a pinned thread where members can post their sleeve eagles much like the Luftwaffe section has, the flying eagle thread over there is a great place to vet an eagle you aren't sure of which is something this forum area is lacking.

anyone else agree?

Kev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X