Sleeve eagle..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeve eagle..

OK,let me first say I know ZERO about SS anything..And I know that the pictures arent good.Hopefully good enough though.

Regardless,I was GIVEN this sleeve eagle today by an 88 year old veteran. I bought a motorcycle from him,and I asked about any WW2 stuff he might have laying around.
    He said he was in the Navy in the Pacific toward the end of the war,and had traded all of his Japanese souvenirs for beer and "female accompaniment" in the 50s and 60s.

But as it turns out,he was an outlaw biker for many many years,and he went to the basement and came back upstairs with this sleeve eagle,and a chrome plated M40 helmet!

He swears the sleeve eagle is real,and it was glued onto his biker colors for the entire 50s-70s.The helmet is another amazing piece altogether,but what I want to know is,is the eagle genuine?

I sure wasnt gonna call him a liar,as he still looked to have a bit of piss and vinegar in him,and besides,it was free!

Please give me your input!
    Attached Files

f
    Attached Files

Comment

cc
      Attached Files

Comment

Dear God no !

Comment

Hahahah..Thats what I thought. Thanks

Comment

The helmet may stand a chance though............................................ .................................................. ....................i jest

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...... Nah
              Regards
              David

Comment

Where angels fear to tread ..

Admittedly one weird & poorly made bird , but it does seem to have a cardboard Unterlage ?
                Are these known on such early reproductions ?
                Just trying to learn ..
                Attached Files

Comment

I know its a POS,thank you for the kind input......

To anyone genuinely wondering about the details of this horrendous crime against nature,it doesnt have cardboard,or any other backing other than black wool and glue from being on the guys leather jacket.

To the comic geniuses; Even though I didnt ask for opinions on the helmet,I realize that it too isnt for the purists.I like it however,as it is a genuine German helmet,which saw as much action and bloodshed after the war as it did during.

To each their own.I was just asking,because I didnt know better.

Thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X