My first SS cufftitle... Hope its real!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first SS cufftitle... Hope its real!

So i went to a gun show today and picked this up for $200. I know it was a risk but it looked legitimate compared to other examples Ive seen in similar construction and also the tag looked right as rain. I'm crossing my fingers it get your seal of approval because then I will try and buy the others he had.

All the best,
    Stefan

Stefan,
    Sorry not a good one.
    There are many threads with examples of original rzm cuffs, which is what this one is trying to be.
    Original Hermann von Salza cuffs are only known to be manufactured in Bevo weave.
    Regards,
    Fred

Comment

You picked this up at the show in Burnaby, right? Take it back tomorrow and get a refund!

Comment

Yes I did pick it up from him, unfortunately I'm pretty sure it was a final sale, not sure if I'd be able to get him to refund. Is he known for faked cufftitles?

Comment

Originally posted by thekid View Post
          Yes I did pick it up from him, unfortunately I'm pretty sure it was a final sale, not sure if I'd be able to get him to refund. Is he known for faked cufftitles?
          Did he say it was original when he sold it to you? If he did, go back and get your money! If he refuses, make him eat it!

Samir

Comment

He said he knew it was real but admitted he couldn't prove it. He apparently got paid to write books with cufftitles. I wasn't the only one today that got ripped off then...

Comment

Originally posted by thekid View Post
              He said he knew it was real but admitted he couldn't prove it. He apparently got paid to write books with cufftitles. I wasn't the only one today that got ripped off then...
              Well, our members here say its bad n thats enough proof if u ask me. Take it back and tell him that you posted up for review, and that the CT received nothing but negative reviews. If he refuses, raise some hell. Personally I would f**k him up, and if I can't, i'll bring at least 20 friends of mine.

Comment

How much was he asking for this?Did the $ give any hint?

Comment

I hope you have gotten your money back.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Sadly Fred is right! this was only done in bevo. NO WAY he could think this was real. 1) Price- this is one of the rarest ss titles around! making it one of the most EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!! $200 is what you may pay the blind veteran who lives in isolation with no friends or computer who brought it back. 2) construction-as mentioned only in bevo plus Von would not be abbreviated to V. 3) Fake rzm tag-nthough nicely aged & has a believeable seperate inked 3 digit code, the serial # is only 5 digits, should always be 6!!!!!!!!! So, with those 3 points you can prove to him its a fake. & if he doesnt know its fake I wouldnt trust his opinion in any book!!!!! Good luck with a refund! best riichard

Comment

Demand a refund, otherwise stand next to his table all day and tell everyone that approaches the table what a fraud the guy is.

1) $200 is what you may pay the blind veteran who lives in isolation with no friends or computer who brought it back.
                      I disagree strongly with that, you should do the honourable thing and pay a fair price ... maybe not collector>collector let alone retail BUT a fair price. Even if you gave him a thousand bucks you'd be onto a winner and still be able to sleep nights.

Ian

Comment

$200.00

I am trying to think of what real piece of SS Cloth you can get for $200 Bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          I am trying to think of what real piece of SS Cloth you can get for $200 Bucks?
                          italian shild

Comment

All I can say is sorry you took a hit, but it could have been worst. If you dont want to deal with aggravation then leave it alone. I'm sure all of us here have got burnt at one point. I myself bought an M42 helmet for $300 on craigslist, and when I got the package it was a pair of old shoes (that didn't even f**king fit). I learned never again to use cash or wire transfers, or even buy from craigslist unless it was a close distance drive away where I can physically inspect whatever it is i'm buying. Again, sorry for the lost.

Samir

Comment

Most of has been burned sadly enough. I really hate it but it seems like part of the learning process. Few people care to study the subject enough before they got burnt. The anger, the feeling of frustration and need, will afterwards motivate to search online for info. That works two ways, either give up or start to study and ask and come back. There is no easy walk to be able to master SS insignias but countless of hours of study and yet study. In the end you will be rewarded. This forum is the best source so far along with a few books. However never under estimate this forum. Here are many members with great knowledge who will be happy to help if you are polite (not directed towards you, but as a general rule)

I really hope you get you money back!

//Felix

P.s. I think you can get a few original SS insignias for around a USD 200. A tropical BeVo skull or sleeve eagle, or a Rzm sleeve eagle. I think there is a Grey BeVo SS sleeve eagle at USD 200 for sale at the estand. Nice price so to speak.

D.s Really poor fake cuff title

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X