X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful SS wedding casket

[IMG]

I'd to present you my SS wooden casket.
    As you can see, This is a superb craftsmanship.
    The SS runes are very well design.
    There is 2 different markings: 1933 ans 056 on the box cover, and only 056 on the base of the box.
    It comes from an old and well known collection.
    Any comment is wellcome!
    Thanks a lot

I have never seen anything like this before .....
    It looks like someone has copied one of those already in circulation.
    Interesting to see what the comments might be
    Regards
    David

Comment

I've got a feeling...

Comment

Do you mind if I ask who's old and well known collection this was in? Never seen one with those date or number stamps and yet another variation in the front carving. To all those who say these can't be faked as the carving skills are no longer around then what about this one!? Original or?
        Personally I don't like any of these boxes but putting that aside it will be an interesting discussiobs. There was a recent poll on these MK boxes and before the thread ws removed it was about 40 against and 30 for I think.

Comment

I am extremely suspicious of this item.

Comment

Yes, no problem, it comes from André Boulanger Collection.

Comment

Buy the item - not the story.

There are docs in existence in regards to almost every single cultural piece of the Allach production range, especially in regards to the Julleuchter as only one commonly known example.

There are docs talking about Himmler´s and others SS leaders ideas and cultural agenda, there is the SS Family book as THE official SS cultural/religious guide refering to the cultural products of Allach and the Deutsches Heimatwerk (DHW) as well as the Sippenbuch, there are docs/official publications around about unique impressive SS cultural pieces in existence like the Sippenschrein of SS-Obergruppenführer Schmauser...

Just not in regards to these wooden boxes.

And this piece even bears a stamp refering to a start of production/distribution in 1933 - so longer than the Julleuchter which was officially introduced in 1935!

So within all the years of the Drittes Reich not a single doc mentioning these pieces?

How is that supposed to work?

Comment

So are we to beleive this is the 56th peice made by this manufacturer (which is unknown as there is no maker mark which is odd for Third reich produced material) in 1933? I for one would love to see others from 1933 but doubt we will.

of corse this just opened up a market for numbers 001-055 so woodworkers get busy!

Kevin

Comment

OK with you, but that it's comes from Boulanger collection, I have no doubt.
                  It's a friend of mine who bought it, at the same time of the standarte "Deutschland erwache" Bodensee was also sold ,and all his collection.

Now, if it has exist during nazi period...Only one photos could prove it !

It's not the same manufacturing than other boxes presented, but it's a workmanship, not an RZM production, and some woodworkers can work differently than others...

All I can say is that it is a very very fine work

Comment

That is modern there is no doubt in my mind. Exactly how I would go about making one that was not intended to fool anyone.

Comment

Did you make this one Thorsten B ?
                      Will Hermann Historica feature this in its next auction?
                      Steve

Comment

You act like a grumpy and bored child - people like you simply do not belong here.

Go and spread your BS somewhere else.

Comment

Hi,

like John and Thorsten i don't like it.
                          Wasn't part of the André Boulanger collection sold by Hermann Historica ?

We can maybe have some infos with the fonts used for the numberings ?

See You

Vince

Comment

such box convices me even more that these are a fancy fantasy product probably with british origin..
                            the bogus Year stamped in the wood is the icing

Comment

This one appears to be made from modern Walnut wood. I strongly suspect the finish is a polyurathane. Completely unlike all the others (be they good or bad) which are made of oak. I don't even think this piece was made to fool.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X