X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A young Dr Stangelove

in the new gorget book-
    Attached Files

This picture was taken just days before he had the hook fitted to his left hand which was sadly lost in a boating accident on the Elbe river.

Comment

What is this soldier's name? any more info on him?

Comment

greatness

My God, what a picture, the guy on the right looks to be wearing a "SS-totenkopfvverbande cufftitle .

Comment

Cypher

What is the Cypher on the Guy closest to us? His Cuff-title looks to be "Oberbayern".

I kind of agree with Jim on that far title being the SS-Totenkopfverbände Cuff-title.

I cannot admit that is me. I have no desire to be deported!
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 10-15-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Jim and the Dr.,
            I think with a numbered hundertschaft tab the man on the right is most probably also wearing an Oberbayern title and it's just that the 'Ob' letters are looking like runes.
            Derek

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
              Jim and the Dr.,
              I think with a numbered hundertschaft tab the man on the right is most probably also wearing an Oberbayern title and it's just that the 'Ob' letters are looking like runes.
              Derek
              Yes, with the TV Title he should be wearing just a Skull. But tell me what that Cypher is? The 2/3rd's Skull?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                What is the Cypher on the Guy closest to us? His Cuff-title looks to be "Oberbayern".

I kind of agree with Jim on that far title being the SS-Totenkopfverbände Cuff-title.

I cannot admit that is me. I have no desire to be deported!
                ...since when is the " herrenrasse" being deported ...? It's clearly you in your younger days, admit it....
                Pieter.
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

Dr.,
                  From the shape of it I would say that the cypher is the metal Gothic 'O' cypher for Oberbayern.
                  Derek

Comment

Gott im Himmel !

Originally posted by derek View Post
                    Dr.,
                    From the shape of it I would say that the cypher is the metal Gothic 'O' cypher for Oberbayern.
                    Derek
                    Oh, okay, be the voice of reason. Me and Toncar want SS-Totenkopfverbände Cuff-titles and Skulls in our Pictures dammit !!

Comment

cypher

That does look like the metal skull, the "O" cypher is very flat against the board when photographed .
                      you can see the bones sticking out at the bottom . The gothic "O" has nothing sticking out lines are straight
                      Last edited by jimt; 10-15-2012, 10:09 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

...from the look on his face he's wondering where he left his "standarte"...
                        Pieter.
                        SUUM CUIQUE ...
                        sigpic

Comment

Totenkopf

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
                          That does look like the metal skull, the "O" cypher is very flat against the board when photographed .
                          you can see the bones sticking out at the bottom . The gothic "O" has nothing sticking out lines are straight
                          Totally agree. Rare photo, which makes him the Winner of the "Most Skulls" on one SS Member. I count 24.

Comment

What a photo ! Quite incredible photo ! Helmets on the right are m18's.

Mike

Comment

Looks to me like a very young Untersturmführer Max Wünsche. Many of the facial features are dead on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X