No announcement yet.

Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No that was bought here in the U.S. from Mike Horetsky. I loved that tunic ....fir certain an original SS tunic.

Comment

John, I appreciate you taking the time to post the link!

Regards

Kevin

Comment

This all makes me sick. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
          One thing I am confused about, what does the Witt grouping have to do with Heinz Macher as implied by the thread title? is there a Macher grouping as well with all these bells and whistles that was put together by Willi Wonka?

Kevin
          Kevin, I should have been more specific.
          The last tunic and cap I posted supposed to be macher's, cap also.
          And there is a wrapper, overcoat and one more tunic I believe.
          Maybe more. Compare the tunic with pictures from Macher, he did a good job, but not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
            Kevin, I should have been more specific.
            The last tunic and cap I posted supposed to be macher's, cap also.
            And there is a wrapper, overcoat and one more tunic I believe.
            Maybe more. Compare the tunic with pictures from Macher, he did a good job, but not good enough.
            Thank's for the heads up Rob, and again thanks for thinking of the collector community and posting this mess for all to see and learn from!
            A real A+ move in my book!

Kev

Comment

Militaria market\world went seriously disturbing, this is why I don't deal anymore with anybody but researchers and serious collectors.
              I'm expecting Mafia to step in the market soon, too much money involved, too many sick dealers around.

Comment

Originally posted by PANZERPIONIERE View Post
                This all makes me sick. Steve

Me too, look at the cyphers in post 39....he even went through the trouble to have them sewn onto the board to add the effect of field wear and use...but the cypher looks new.

This will have a disasterous effect on the market for SS tunics...but I think the "Supply and Demand" mentality is partly the culprit...he is making what everyone dreams of owning .

It will also be interesting to see who turns out to be the "Bad Guy" the ones exposing this fraud or the fraud....the collector community has a strange sense of loyalty even to fraud perps....as long as that perp can supply them with the fix they need for "Investment" if its close enough to the real thing .
                Last edited by John Pic; 06-28-2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                  Thank's for the heads up Rob, and again thanks for thinking of the collector community and posting this mess for all to see and learn from!
                  A real A+ move in my book!

Kev
                  Rob is a big guy, I am sure he intimidated the hell out of poor KAI, by just arriving in person. I would like contract him to sort some guys out. Jacques

Comment

My computer hard drive crashed, so I have been behind in the latest scandal. I, too am just sick about this turn of events and it makes my drive for collecting diminish in equal proportion to the number of the revelations of dubious activity versus the number of happy and successful finds for collectors.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob there is still nice stuff out there in the woodwork...not all high end but I have been pulling some nice little things out from yard sales and local people. Im afraid of tunics anymore but the insignias still excite me.

Comment

logic and common sense deductive reasoning goes as far as item knowledge. Some of the junk that sells amazes me.

Comment

90 pct of all my new items from the last 5 years have been
                          through private contacts to vets, their families and pickers
                          in Germany.

These include items from the estate of Wilhelm Mohnke and even
                          a neat little Close Combat Clasp in Gold and German Cross in Gold
                          grouping from an NCO in the LSSAH's AA!

There's good genuine material still out there. It might not be
                          spectecular, but surely neat and most importantly ORIGINAL !

Markus

Comment

In my opinion this problem will become more worse in future. Times are not as easy for dealer than past decades. The flow of new stuff from private will become smaller and smaller - and one day you wont find anything. On the other hand the use of the www is a real danger for dialers. No one with a good sense of buissenes depends on dealers today. If you have a good name you can sell everything worldwide through forums like the WAF or auction houses. This impels more and more dealer to the dark side. If you search the forum you will find plenty of examples. Perhaps we collectors should create some kind of parameter of honesty and publish it - for example here in the forum. Every fraud could influence your ranking and give an advice to avoid trouble. All of us are the clients - wihout us every dealer will starve.

Comment

Open the beaver books (which, IMHO, are great books!) and you will see that such "atributed to VIPs" tunics are nothing new and by no means something a german dealer has a patent on.

I would disagree on that the market is drying up on the good stuff, I have recently bought something prussian from the early 19th centrury which was in the family ever since. This goes to show that stuff can reside somewhere for 200 years (and more) before it enters the market (or a dump).

Beside that there are some older collections that are/will be available with tons of good stuff and so on.

Of course there is fake stuff but there is the good stuff too.

The estand is a good thing of course but fakes were offered/sold there too and originals sat there forever. The last thing I had up for sale there didn't move and has now been sold to a dealer.

I wouldn't condemn dealers and praise collectors per se. I have bought good and bad stuff from both.

I can't see the doom of the hobby but certainly a very stressed market which IMO has to do with the economic situation in general. There is either less money or less interest or a mixture, I believe it is rather a money issue though that IMO mainly affected the "middle class collector"...anyhow compared to 8 years ago.

Cheers

Comment

I have said the flow wil become smaller - this is out of question imo. Of course it is possible to find items of the 19th century - even today - but i doubt that one find enough such stuff to supply dozends of dialers worldwide.

And there is a big difference between selling some fake stuff ocassionally and producing your own stuff. Hey - this guy has his own military factory

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X