SS M43 Tunic for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS M43 Tunic for Review

I think most of us need another M43 to review like a hole in the head, but this one needs a hard look. The boards are post-war, I'm sure.

However, the cut, wear, and materials look good to me on this one. The use of Italian material under the collar is an odd touch, but the silver-grey HBT looks on and the body lining looks fine as well.

Note the SS liner cut, large collar and wound packet buttonhole horizontal configuration. I think this could be a good one.

What do you think?

regars, Robert
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

liner -
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is there any consistent wear to the tunic Robert? I find that difficult to detect from the photo's, other then on the collar. It almost seems the napwear is overall the same...?
                      The flash-light photo's don't do the tunic's appearence justice as well (at this moment I'm not particularly fond on the liner..)

F.
                      Last edited by Zauberflöte; 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

It doesn't look from the photos like it was created from another garment, or have wear that is inconsistent with seams and high usage areas. The material (from the photos, to me) shows wear where it should, and none where it shouldn't.

For example, image #8 shows armpit wear, the edge of the collar shows it as well, while the areas where collar tabs and the presumed arm eagle were have high nap. The area shown under the pocket bellow on the botton also has full nap as does the area under the pocket flaps.

In short, protected areas appear to have no wear. As for the liner, that's the question of the hour. I like the belt support material; it certainly looks like a fabric I've seen before, and the mix of Italian, HBT, and what appears to be correct nylon is encouraging to me.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment -

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                          It doesn't look from the photos like it was created from another garment, or have wear that is inconsistent with seams and high usage areas. The material (from the photos, to me) shows wear where it should, and none where it shouldn't.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment -

regards, Robert
                          Okay Robert, that will take away my first concerns. I know you have handled enough original items to have the feel for correct aging, for that I should have had it in hand.

Honestly I'm still not 100% convinced due to the photo's about the whole tunic being a original garment but it very well could be. Sometimes a 'not sure' is an answer as well.

Happy to hear other opinions.

Comment

Not original tunic IMO

Comment

Tough to tell on these, for certain. Artificial aging, artistic wear pattern application and "shading", clever use of scraps - it's really hard to tell on uniform items.

I will say the number of unquestionably real weird uniforms makes me look hard at tunics like this before I dismiss them. Thanks for the comments thus far.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X