Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS boots

Hello!

Can You give me some opinions about this ss MM boots?
    Thanks
    Mark

Ss

So, are this boots original SS or not?

Comment

I think those SS markings are added post war. SSZZA marks are found on rifles, not clothing or equipment. The pair of SS boots I have are RZM and SS marked with maker code and date on the bottom. Sometimes cloth RZM tag can be sewn inside.

Jack

Comment

Jack!

If I understand correct , your opinion is that this boots have post war stamps,
        but they re from period ,yes !?
        Thanks
        Mark

Comment

Sorry but this markings where also found on SS boots and are original, better check before you post such opinion!

Comment

SS ZZ stands for SS Zentral Zeugamt which is Ordnance Depot. They dealt with weapons, repaired, dissasemed and assembled them. There is no logical reason for their stamp in boots.

Jack

Comment

Believe it or not - also boots were repaired at some point and definitely not just thrown away.

Comment

I know they were being repaired like everything else, uniforms, smocks ect. My question is if boots were officially repaired by a gun depot to receive official stamp. Are there other known examples with such stamp?

Comment

Those markings are pure bogus.
                  A shoe repair depot? Local shops or the Front Schneider would have repaired boots. Pending where the shoe broke down ...

Comment

This boots where found on a farm and sold by its owner as old boots, the markings where first seen after they where cleaned, so no hard filings but i know they are legit!!!

Comment

The SS-administration had more than enough slaves at hand to repair all kind of stuff within the camps or ghettos, especially in the East.

Comment

Yes they did, but did they put SS marks on those items that they repaired? Was a gun depot in a ghetto? All those SS marked pieces have to be examined carefully, assumed to be bad and proven right. It is easy to put a stamp on boots in order to multiply the price 5 or 6 times. In nineties I saw SSZZA mark die for sale on ebay. They stamp them on rifles too.

Those items always generate susptions and doubts. Some time ago there was a discussion about TK marked Luger holster. It was backed up by a period photo and other evidence and still some people weren't convinced.

My suggestion would be to take a look at those markings under a microscope. Take a look at the microcrack pattern inside and in vicinity of the recesses, edges and distribution of patina and oxides particles. When looking at those things under 200X magnification you can determine if aging occured after stamps were applied or before.

Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X