Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS medallion???

Hello
    i have a medallion/medal from a friend its alittle bigger than a quarter theres a TK that looks more like a real skull on the front with meine ehre heisst treue and on the bottom is a small swastika
    The back has the SS runes and also meine ehre heisst treue thers a small835 on the edge and also on the suspension ring is _35 i assume its a 835 but most of it is worn away. the detail of the skull is VERY good, not sure if its original or not.
    Any help would be great!
    Eric

I took pics. but my camera takes horrible close ups.

Medal .....

I for one cannot think of any Medal which has a skull on the front with SS Runes on the back ...... IMHO I feel this might be a made up piece though it would be good to see a photo just to confirm. David

Comment

No TK on medals for SS and none that have the SS motto enscribed.

Sounds like fantasy junk also. Much of the militaria marked with 800. 835, 900 or anything else wich is supposed to represent silver content is usually post war reproduction or fantasy pieces.

Comment

The only medal i can think of with any skull would be the Iron brigade medal(?) Ill post a pic of it.

Eric.

Comment

Forgot to put this in the last post.This medal has nothing to do with the Iron brigade
          Eric

Comment

Is there anyway that you could post the pics that you took?
            Thanks! Chris

Comment

Ok i warned you about my camera

Comment

And the back

Comment

The details are terrible but at least you get the idea.One thing i know for a FACT is the original owner of this was in the SS and had alot of documents and some pretty nasty pics. of concentration camps and was a die hard Nazi until the day he died,He could have picked this up anywhere for all i know just because it was aprt of his life????I don't know.

Eric.

Comment

The photos are very fuzzy, but that thing actually looks as if it's very well made. It's certainly unofficial.

Comment

Yes the detail on the skull is very good.Also its very light,It was worn as a necklace the ring and neclace have been lost for awhile but the necklace was braided black,red and white(national colors?)I never saw it just going off what i was told.Any ideas?
                      Eric.

Comment

Just noticed that the back is slightly concaved and when looking at it from the side the skull is raised alittle above the rim.Pretty interesting at least.

Eric.

Comment

Thank you for posting the pics. That is a very interesting item.
                          Are those markings or runes all around the front and back,
                          (close to the edge)? Thanks again! Chris

Comment

Medallion

Hi Flieger

Interesting piece, unofficial items are documented especially from KZ staff.

There are accounts of SS staff at Sobibor and Treblinka using camp "jewellers" to produce items for camp staff with runes and insignias on them.

I doubt if a list will ever be made of these items as those that produced them are more likely than not dead and those that used them would probably not want it known they were there.

The SS had access to a lot of skilled "craftsmen" in the camps who knows?

regards

MMM

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector
                              Thank you for posting the pics. That is a very interesting item.
                              Are those markings or runes all around the front and back,
                              (close to the edge)? Thanks again! Chris
                              It says ,meine ehre heisst treue om both sides
                              Eric.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X