Looking for photo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for photo...

Anyone have the photo of the 2 SS guards at the Big Door inside the Reichs Chancellory?,Im looking for their ranks....either will do thanks!!Please help no crickets ok!hahha would they be NCOs?

Wewelsburg,
    when you say inside the Reichschancellery, I take it of course that you are not talking about the pairs of guards posted on either entrace to the right and the left of the "Mittelbau"on the outside of the Reichschancellery.

So - do you mean the guards inside at Hitler's Office and at various other places within the building itself?

Or are you talking about the two guards posted inside the "Court of Honor" off of the Wilhemplatz, to the left of the "FuhrerBalcon," the famous court with the two statues by Arno Breker in the interior courtyard of the Reichschancellery? You know the ones, the statues that flank the two SS men which were re-named by Hilter "Party" and "Wehrmacht?"

Or are you talking about the two guards posted inside the private passage that only Hilter himself used, the first right once you entered the the Court of Honor?

I'm not sure these SS honor guards were all the same rank, but I can find out their ranks and I should be able to find pictures for you rather quickly.

Or my handle isn't 'Runic.' Oh Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
      Anyone have the photo of the 2 SS guards at the Big Door inside the Reichs Chancellory?
      sorry, only in this poor quality...
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice shot - most are hard to see the rank... -but a good picture!

I'm looking as we write -

Hope Wewel still needs this - anyways, a great start....

J

Comment

Hi,

the Heimdal book on the LSSAH is having a lot of very interesting pictures of guards. This is almost impossible to identificate the ranks on the guards in front of the various entrances/doors of the Chancellery.
          But other pictures clearly show various ranks amongst the LSSAH troops.

See You

Vince

Comment

Vince,
            that's what I'm seeing. I just found two color photos of the guards from Signal, but they again, are a long way off and hard to see the rank. I may post anyway as they are different. I will keep looking!

Comment

Here are two blow-ups of some shots - one outside, one inside.
              As you can see, even with the magnification of the Zoom, the rank is tough to see.

Come on guys, let's get some good ones. I really thought, among all of my many SS and Partei and obscure books, I had some better shots! I am on a mission, Soldaten. I will find this. Even if Wewelsburg doesn't need them, let 's find them.

Wewel, my good man, if you have already determined this - post the shots for us!

J
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X