X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jock Auld View Post

Nordmark,

He is clearly known to you and your mate? Good on you for helping a friend but you too are a dealer, of the same ilk? Pop corn lasts longer enjoy.

Hello Jock,

just a little clarification: I don´t know where you and Jim(killerbee) got this info from, but Thorsten is neither my friend, nor have we ever talked or met. The distance between our hometowns are about 250km. Plus I am not a militaria dealer, though I wish I would be...

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

i would very much like to hear from the buyer ...perhaps ,if he/she could post close-up pics of the welds in question ,i ,being a welder all my life , ,having done everything from soldering ,brazing, stick welding ,mig ,tig ,etc,etc and had access to all kinds of metals fromm lead ,mild steel ,stainless ,inconel,hastoloy ,etc ,etc ,,and also done torch burning ,plasma arc ,etc,etc , could put an end to all this nonsence ....i have already given my thoughts about the welds on an earlier post ,based on the pics that were shown ,but ,close-ups would definately show the reasoning behind my assumption ..(by the way, there is another member of WAF ,who likes to lay low ,that has seen my welding in person and can back my knowledge in this area )

Comment

Daniel[/QUOTE]

Daniel,

On the original posts you chipped in but It may have been munster too? It is very tedious rereading but you were on his side as opposed to the item which was the topic of discussion it wasn't a statement that you were a dealer but a question as it is the same people that jump to the defence?

Mr Guist,

If you smell something else you are in control so why refrain?

What caught my eye was that welders that do it for a living cast doubt, is that wrong?

Jock

Comment

Originally posted by Jock Auld View Post
          Daniel,

On the original posts you chipped in but It may have been munster too? It is very tedious rereading but you were on his side as opposed to the item which was the topic of discussion it wasn't a statement that you were a dealer but a question as it is the same people that jump to the defence?

Jock

Hi Jock,

I was not taking sides, nor did I comment on the items(simply because I can´t comment on ss candle holders). I just had the impression that there was some sort of personal matter in the air, so I asked Jim(killerbee) to settle his obvious personal problems with Thorsten via pm and not in the open.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Well "Jock" I have three small dogs.They seem to have control. So Like always I have to clean up the yard. Mayby know you can guess what I was smelling lol.

Comment

So we don't even know if there was even a buyer on that item? If no buyer then what do you hope to gain by this thread? To force Thorsten to change his description?

Comment

[QUOTE=PlaceOfBayonets;4960397]So we don't even know if there was even a buyer on that item? If no buyer then what do you hope to gain by this thread? To force Thorsten to change his description?[/Qif there is no buyer,and THOR marked it as sold ,is that not considered bad busuness ethics?...just wondering ...

Comment

Guess what?

The candleholder was put by me in the E-stand and sat there for more than two weeks and NOBODY was fueling the piece nor the offerer.

After it was put on hold and shortly after that sold - THEN the hatred started.

It was and is not really about that specific piece - or any other pieces I sold within the E-stand - it is just that I was and am successful - plain and simple.

Now the exact same situation regarding my SS family chest:

I am successful in hunting stuff down - now the usual suspects call it a fake and claiming I would have added the runes on it by myself or oredered them to be added - which is not only utter nonsense but just a disgusting lie and an attack due to jealousy with the attempt to finally burn the piece - and let it look like junk.

Although the ones trying to put mud on it deep inside wish they would have been the ones who successfully managed to bring in the beauty.

Well, the kill is being made by the hunters and not by the people sittin´round the fire.

That´s football, guys.

That´s all it is.

Happy collecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                    Guess what?

The candleholder was put by me in the E-stand and sat there for more than two weeks and NOBODY was fueling the piece nor the offerer.

After it was put on hold and shortly after that sold - THEN the hatred started.

It was and is not really about that specific piece - or any other pieces I sold within the E-stand - it is just that I was and am successful - plain and simple.

Now the exact same situation regarding my SS family chest:

I am successful in hunting stuff down - now the usual suspects call it a fake and claiming I would have added the runes on it by myself or oredered them to be added - which is not only utter nonsense but just a disgusting lie and an attack due to jealousy with the attempt to finally burn the piece - and let it look like junk.

Although the ones trying to put mud on it deep inside wish they would have been the ones who successfully managed to bring in the beauty.

Well, the kill is being made by the hunters and not by the people sittin´round the fire.

That´s football, guys.

That´s all it is.

Happy collecting.
                    THOR,that should clear the theory that there might not be a buyer ...

Comment

Thank you - I really appreciate your statements.

Now actually have a look into the thread "A couple of cultural items" in the Tony Barto SS forum:

You can be a witness of more ruthless accusations of member Michael Fay trying to put my name and my pieces I share in the mud once again.

:
                      Your attempt at revisionist history forces me to correct the record for all.

Where are those ruthless accusations? Spell them out please.
                      And of note: there are more members calling out their concerns than myself.
                      How do you explain that inconvenient truth?
                      Even if I simply was "envious and hate filled towards you"
                      How do you explain the others who think you are dishonest?
                      Are you really going to use that pathetic excuse on all of them?

is it because I believe , and other WAF members have also said so, that the chest in question looks as if it has been modified lately with runes to look TR or even SS ...And you show in your own photos the very tools to carve them. It looks very bad.
                      is it the time you were passing off 1970s woven items as Tr era all the while demanding that your knowledge is proof enough of authenticity, until you were found out in the cultural items thread by others that you had neglected to inform WAF that such items were being made in the 1970s? Of course ,after it came out , you acted as if you were an innocent who thought everyone else knew it too,-But no one did, icluding a few of your buyers. We can go look in the cultural thread to re read up on that too...

or is it about the metal candleholder that others members thought was fishy and you refused to answer their questions which started this very thread?
                      And the only way anyone who wanted to get this cleared up had to find out from a moderator that you refuse to apologize, defend or argue a case of disagreement in a good faith manner? As shown here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...3&postcount=63

or is it the time you tried to rip me off and I only got my money back because the moderator Glenn McInnes stepped in (on WAF in public on a thread still accesible to see and in private emails) and forced you against your will to reimburse me ?

We can go and look at all your sordid threads.
                      They all smell.

I am not envious of you or your operation(carving tools and all).I simply believe you are merely a typical run- of- the- mill militaria dealer crook.

Comment

Michael
                        I couldn't have said it better myself,,,thank you for stepping up and confronting
                        this guy,,,,

Comment

The solution is easy to tell - but finally not easy to understand:

You were eagerly after a piece which you absolutely wanted to buy from me.

The deal fell through.

It was - and is - a wooden chest decorated with runes.

Since you don´t really like these kind of items as it´s clear to see you should be happy that that chest never made it to your doorstep.

Comment

The solution is easy to tell - but finally not easy to understand:

You were eagerly after a piece which you absolutely wanted to buy from me.

The deal fell through.

It was - and is - a wooden chest decorated with runes.

Since you don´t really like these kind of items as it´s clear to see you should be happy that that chest never made it to your doorstep.
                            No ..you are straight up lying. Ask Moderator McInnes or re read those old posts in my thread on it.

Oh and while your at it what about all your other bad smelling dealings I just reminded you about? It is all actual history and documented here on WAF.
                            What about the other members who "accuse" you?
                            What about the 1970's items sold as TR era here on waf by you?
                            What about the carving tools?

And before I forget: what about the metal candle holder that started this thread?
                            Were you just going to act like they were not brought up in your face?
                            You claim I am "ruthlessly accusing" you.

if you mean by stating honest facts "ruthlessly,"
                            I agree.
                            Last edited by Michael Fay; 11-14-2011, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
                              So we don't even know if there was even a buyer on that item? If no buyer then what do you hope to gain by this thread? To force Thorsten to change his description?
                              Very wrong.
                              The problem is not if there's any buyer willing to buy or that already bought an item, but that no fishy items are allowed to be sold on the Estand as originals.
                              So, since many other members raised doubts about some of these items being fishy, seems to me that the problem is the item, not the buyer.
                              Estand rules are clear; were concerns are raised, the Estand item must be discussed.
                              Of course, we are talking about wooden and wool, not SS decals or collar tabs, so, I think you can see the trouble by yourself: not easy to discuss them and even more harder to be certain of when they actually have been made.

BTW I do not collect cultural items, so, I've no dogs of interest in this fight, but I stand with Michael 100%.
                              Once I've seen a picture of a wardrobe or a chest I don't remember, and aside a pile of "cultural" wooden plates (pictured by mistake in my opinion) on the famous thread, they may well be real, but I didn't feel that good at that sight, I felt something stinky was there.
                              I have no knowledge about such cultural items, but I've seen quite a lot of old wooden stuff so I can smell the **** before step on it.

Comment

There is no lie in what I said.

Try to distract from your behaviour however you want.

It´s not my problem - it´s yours.

And still both of my chests are extraordinary and authentic SS cultural pieces - I did not add anything to them.

You still don´t manage to control your self-distructive jealousy?

Too bad for you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X