X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relation between FM and SS

Hi Everyone,

While googling around I came on this link

It seems that the FM members in a certain way are linked to certain SS groups?

I read for instance: FM members in SS - Sturmbann III/13, FM members in SS-Sturmbann II/81 and FM members in SS standarte 13.

Any input from FM addicts who can tell more about this or collectors with knowledge of these SS groups are welcome. (I'm a novice when it comes to the structure of SS groups)

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Ssfm

Hello Wim! Interesting topic. I had a FM membership book that another member owns now but it was stamped inside. Here are some pics

Cheers,

hdmarley
    Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting. It's a shame that we know so little about this organisation. And this while there is so much sought after FM magazines, awards and honor awards. It must be possible to share a bit more of information and bring some facts under attention.

I ony know the organisation was founded by Josef Berchtold in 1926 and got official recognition from Hitler in March 1929.

The lowest contribution was fixed at 1,-RM a year.

Each patron was presented with a membership book, a badge and received the FM magazine.

You diden't had to be a party member to become a FM member

In 1932 there were 13.000 members, in 1933, 170.000 and in 1934, 340.000 members

During the war no contributions were payed.

Hitler was also member and paid 10, RM each month

Some sources say that the number in the membership book is the same as the one on the pin but I think that's not true.

I hope other collectors can add more general or specific information here or pointing out errors in my facts

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X