Just arrived NAMED A-SS GREATCOAT fulda+werra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just arrived NAMED A-SS GREATCOAT fulda+werra

Ok it arrived today! Got this one from same source as I got my SS cape,author of the SS uniforms,accoutrements etc. book Arthur Hayes and also appears in his book..This A-SS greatcoat is named to SS officer Josef Baecker of Fulda Werra SS headquarters.Made by Holters it is just stunning in person.

Eagle,cufftitle all insignia are super as well as the coat itself,very very nice condition aside from the usual light wear and a {few little moth nips about the collar,{none which go through the wool).Overall in very good shape!Wear is there but its survived wonderfully.Stitching of coat itself displays same thread as several of the insignia,all insignia seem period applied on this one as far as I can tell,all thread is german period type and faded in the right places.

This coat along with 2 or 3 of the other high end tunics in Arthurs book all came from the same vet source. I am the third owner aside from Arthur and the vet as he has told me,and are in famous collections.Im sure many of you have seen them{black tunics in his book}Great guy Mr.Hayes and super to deal with.Thing I love about this is its Allgemeine-SS and grey/green,not often to see anything A-SS not in black.Hope you enjoy it!

I believe Josef Baecker he wore this through one rank upgrade,as it was tailored in 1940 looks like,he made Sturmbannfuhrer in Jan.42.I have his info up til 43ish,dont know what happened to him after that,someone help me??his death anything?After war?Oh and in the Dienstaltersliste {early ones}there is a column for Lebensborn with a life rune or not in the column by each name,what is that mean?If they have children?
    Anyhow he doesnt frequent here all too much but a great guy Mr.Hayes and super to deal with.

Oh and the Dr. and Robert H. ,planning on cutting the cufftitle off and laying between you both,Ill supply teh boxing gloves!

Last edited by wewelsburg; 06-21-2011, 09:56 PM.

That's outstanding- congratulations!

Comment

That's got to be the "Poster child" of bullion arm eagles!

Jack

Comment

Very nice coat

Comment

yup

Very Nice and I want that Cuff-title. Yes the Bird is great, but he is asleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Very Nice and I want that Cuff-title. Yes the Bird is great, but he is asleep!
            No, he's just resting his eyes!

Jack

Comment

Congats on a fine tunic and oustanding insignia.
              Wolfslair

Comment

It is always nice to see an example of Holters tailoring...especially when the two labels have the same address on them. Congratulations.

Comment

Coat

Can we see a shot of the back side of the coat?

Comment

Love those insignia!

Comment

Great...coat.

Take a look at this link it might be interesting :

http://warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniform...a-tunic-28360/

Comment

Very very very nice!!

Comment

Coat

Any images of the backside?

Comment

WOW.

William Kramer
                            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Simply beautiful. Nice catch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X