X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Armband - Opinions please

Further images
    Attached Files

Opinions please gentlemen on this SS armband, original or fake?
    Attached Files

Comment

If the black bands at the top and bottom are a woven part of the band, like the rondel and Swastika, I would say it's a good one. What I can't figure out is the added zig-zag stitching to the black stripes.

Any chance we could get a close-up of a portion of the stripes?

Erich

Comment

Hello Erich, many thanks for your input. A few more images which I hope will help. Regards, Simon
        Attached Files

Comment

More images
          Attached Files

Comment

Armband

Good one

Comment

Very interesting construction on this example, the black bands complete with some extra red material was woven as a single band, and then zig-zag stitched to the standard woven party armband. I've never seen construction like that before, but I do like it.

Comment

I believe this may be an SA reserve armband (with the grey stripes) that has been converted to SS -- probably period done. This type of woven swastika/roundel is common with SA reserve armbands.

Comment

Stripes

Interchangable stripes? Possible. I have both bands and will check.
                  Interesting.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                      I believe this may be an SA reserve armband (with the grey stripes) that has been converted to SS -- probably period done. This type of woven swastika/roundel is common with SA reserve armbands.
                      It's also quite common as a standard woven party armband. If you check closely, you will see that there is woven edge where the stripes are sewn to the band, under the zig-zag stitch. I believe this just started as a party armband with the stripes woven separately and stitched on by the manufacturer.

But it does make me wonder if there are any SA reserve armbands made like this as well.

Comment

weird construction of that stripes but it looks like an original. On my example the strips are interwoven.

Regards,Wim
                        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

nice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X