Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Officer Tunic - Put Together or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just joined the forum and was looking for your opinion on this tunic I own. I have had it for about 16 years and as far as I was aware was original to TR period but by a "school boy error" I never sought a second opinion on it. However, recently it was viewed and was classed as a possible "put together" or a fake! In particular the sleeve eagle and the cuff title! I was advised to join your forum and get the "final nail in the coffin" so here I am.
    Here are some photos. Your opinions would be gladly received so I know for certain.
    I also have other items, caps and dagger which I will aslo submit for your opinions to see if they are either good or bad when I have suitable photos.
    My thanks in advance, Jim.
    Attached Files

More photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Some more photos
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jim,Can you post a clearer shot of the cypher?

Comment

Thanks for your interest,Steve.
          Camera not best so hopefully this shot is ok. If not let me know and I will try another.
          Thanks Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

A photo of the entire tunic and under the collar where the tabs are sewn would be nice. Also photos of the lining where it may have been opened and a shot of where the boards are sewn into the shoulder seam would be nice.

Putting the tunic under bright light will help with clearer photos.

Comment

Don't know if these are any better?
              Jim
              Attached Files

Comment

Naval Enigma
                These are the only suitable ones I have just now that match your request. Leave the others with me.
                Thanks
                Jim
                Attached Files

Comment

The tunic.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It is named to Herbert Kaschula who matches that rank and unit but that is just an observation. Emil Schebeler owned a hat factory in Berlin but as far as I know they did not make tunics they may have sold them though from their shop.

Are the cyphers solid metal on the back?

Was the tunic and all the other items you mention sold to you as a lot all to Kaschula?

Who was the dealer? By chance did this come from Wolfram Diebel?
                    Last edited by Johnny R; 06-05-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

JohhnyR - Thanks for your interest.

I am unable to check the rear of the cyphers as they are solidly attached onto the shoulder board. I am unable to see under the shoulder board as it is sown together. I am new to this so any further info would be helpful in checking this.

I purchased the tunic on its own from who I thought was reputable dealer here in the UK hence one of the main reasons I did not seek a second opinion.

Since the authenticity question came up about the tunic I have since contacted the dealer for any provenance regarding it but to date I have had no reply.

That is also why I am researching all of the other items I have sourced from this same dealer.

Not a nice feeling knowing your collection may all fake!!

Comment

I will PM

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but that tailors tag leaves me cold.(meaning I don't like it)

Glenn
                          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Jim, it depends how much you payd for the tunic.
                            All parts looks very good. Okay I'm not shure about the boards but the rest looks very nice and originaly.

If you are not 100% shure if it is a put together, than don't pay the high price for a untouched tunic, more or less pay the price as you get a totally stripped SS offcier tunic and calculate the eagle, boards, collars etc. together.
                            Than don't pay more for the tunic as the parts are all together worth.

Cheers,
                            steiner99

Comment

Why would the tag have a spot for a tailor number if they didnt tailor tunics? just speculation.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X