• Time
  • Show
Clear All

tricky,but very interesting,

Kind regards,

Salvatore

Comment

Originally posted by pieand View Post
      I've seen again this cap and there is no faint size marking any where else.
      And the cap has not been heavily washed. The construction is different compared to what we used to see.
      See Joined photos of the rear EM and officer caps.
      Hello pieand,

Is this cap which you show in post number 29 a different cap to the one which started this thread ?

and is the one in post 29 an officer example with insignia still on it ?

Comparison with other known examples of a cap with manufacturers footprints like your one is a good basis of analysis in establishing if a variation from the norm is a period example or not.

Also when it comes to SS caps made from this type of material, a collector has to consider how caps were made in not only Germany at the time before May 1945 but also Italy and Austria.

On the other hand, I have seen whole bolts of that type of cloth unused and in mint condition brought back from Italy at the end of WW2 to New Zealand and later traded to someone in the USA to use for who knows what.

Could we see more images of this cap in post number 29, esp. the badges on the front and the inside/ liner ?

Chris
      Last edited by 90th Light; 03-11-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

no matter how many more pics are posted of the cap that started this thread its a bad one! its all in the details
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
          no matter how many more pics are posted of the cap that started this thread its a bad one! its all in the details
          Lenny,
          could you share some details with us
          it would help, i know it may help fakers, but these are already made and certainly help owner.
          I'm with you on ss bw stamp but that doesn't condemn everything
          wisches

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X