Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarnjacke in HBT

Hi,

Could I please ask your thoughts on this smock in HBT?

Kind regards,
    Gerd V
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

well made but with a construction mistake .

Comment

I have seen 5 pieces of SS HB cammo .
          1 pair of SS panzer pants in winter oak , 2 pair in summer oak , and 2 blured pullovers .
          To me the weave was tighter on all pieces .
          owen

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
            but with a construction mistake .
            Yes

Comment

I've owned several, the material is normally very "limp" and almost fall like good cuff titles--very soft.

Comment

I've never seen an SS smock in HBT...ever!

Comment

It could be an SM- he made a few Oak A HBT's about 10 years ago in about this shade.

One quick way to tell: are the side seams (running from the cuff, through the armpit and down to the bottom) closed with a double needle machine? Meaning, are two stitch rows visible on both the brown and green sides. If yes, then it's likely good.

When you use a single needle to do a felled (interlocked) seam like this you'll end up with 2 stitch rows visible on one side and one on the other.

The only repros I've ever seen that have that stitch are the "pink smocks" that kammo man loves so much

None of the repro guys has had that machine. But, ALL originals I've ever fondled (about 100) were assembled using a double needle machine with a folder. This goes for SS smocks as well as Heer T&W smocks, Splinters smocks, and gebirgs anoraks. SS helmet covers can go either way- later ones tend to be made with double needle machines, Type I's not so much.

It saves alot of time during assembly in a factory- but the machines are $5-$10,000 and not very common. To close a tube like a sleeve or pants leg, these are "post" or "off-arm" so one can fit all the garment under the needles. Here's a new one: http://www.duerkopp-adler.com/en/mai...68-290020.html

Hope that's understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by wire42 View Post
                    I've never seen an SS smock in HBT...ever!
                    to bad for you.,i have seen a few and owned some

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Edward C View Post
                      I've owned several, the material is normally very "limp" and almost fall like good cuff titles--very soft.
                      in abused condition maybe,my last mint one was not so "soft",the same story with used and mint dot items

Comment

HBT the "real" thing

This smock in my opinion is 100%.

I have the same smock ., same colours., same print in the cotton duck version.
                        Mint.

This smock is in a mint amazing condition.

Ultra rare.
                        I wish I had the money for it...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X