Attached Files

Comment

Sholder boards OK??
                  Attached Files

Comment

????
                    Attached Files

Comment

Marc,sadly you've acquired at least 1 bad one (out of that lot it's nothing short of a miracle) the sleeve eagle at the top in the middle is what we on the dark side refer hatefully to as 'Bigfoot' if you look at the area where the eagle meets the wreath there should be a pair of legs and clearly defined feet.This 'specimen' evolved without feet,there's just a 'bulge' hence 'Bigfoot' if you look down the threads a bit there's a topic launched by our resident Mr Smarty-Pants ( ) Gary Wood,detailing these baddies.They've been around for quite a long time,at least 25 years. Here's the link :- http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=46930

Other items may also be bad,but I bow to my superiors and will let those more informed comment further. The Estonian shield looks interesting...perhaps from one of the border police units that were incorporated into the W-SS.All the other shields seem to be of the recognised construction as found in substantial quantity at Dachau clothing works in '45.The straps appear to have the textbook 'keyhole'.Many other items you just have to handle...as a buckle man I'm sure you know what I mean,sometimes everything isn't always evident from pictures.

Cheers,Ian
                      Last edited by Ian Hulley; 03-19-2004, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Marc,

I'm not going to speak for the other shield, due to a lack of experience in handling them, but the flemish armshield definitely is a great and good, mint piece of cloth !!! So thumbs up It's the german made shield for the 27th SS Division Langemarck. Although similar variants can also be seen worn by flemish DRK nurses.

As for the rest, based on their similar design, I don't see any problems either ...

Kind regards
                        Geert

Comment

Thank you guy, the “eagles, “shoulder boards” and “small stuff” Are not from the same veteran trove as most of the rest of the stuff I’ve been posting since yesterday but from a local shop in CT. But I’m very happy that until now oly one item seems to be fake....... I expected much more.
                          I definitely hope on more comments on all the stuff.
                          Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X