Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite SS item from your collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad, thanks for the input.
    I wanted a general idea and now it does seem that the categories would need a bit of a regroup but I cant do any editing.

Thanks again Brad.

Mil

Comment

[QUOTE=J-W.Bode;4168084]As we say in Holland: 'dat slaat als een tang op een varken'. I am talking solitary about the SS. Yes, that organisation (whether you like it or not) that was responsible for the killing of millions 'unwanted'.

THE SS RESPONSIBLE FOR KILLING MILLIONS OF UNWANTED

""""" JUST ANOTHER WAF MEMBER FANATIC TO HOLLYWOOD MOVIES """""

Comment

What part you disagree then.
        Last edited by J-W.Bode; 08-28-2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Mr. Bode,

May I ask why you collect SS-items?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            Mr. Bode,

Good question.

It could be a case of "liking the art and hating the artist syndrome" of which a few members here have that affliction in regards to the men and women who served in the SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              Mr. Bode,

Well, probably not because of the (political?) reasons you collect.

Anyway, I just wanted to remember member 'Panzer332' (real name???) that denying the role of the SS in the Holocaust is almost like denying the Holocaust itself, which is a offence here in Europe and punissable by jail...

And yes, ofcourse, the SS was a big and complex organisation. But don't forget that not every SS-man was a respectable frontline soldier. A 'substantial' part of high-ranking SS-members were incapable, and only got their rank by their blind loyalty.

Comment

Read a new book just released in UK
                "The Perfect Nazi" by Martin Davidson a BBC editor.
                Published by Viking about £Stg20.
                With a German mother was always curious about
                his German Grandfather,Bruno Langbehn and his
                WW11 military service.Yes ,you guessed it.Party Member,
                from 1926,SA and of course SS.And a murky history.
                A very interesting read because of the research he did.
                Seiler

Comment

Originally posted by J-W.Bode View Post

Anyway, I just wanted to remember member 'Panzer332' (real name???) that denying the role of the SS in the Holocaust is almost like denying the Holocaust itself, which is a offence here in Europe and punissable by jail...

And yes, ofcourse, the SS was a big and complex organisation. But don't forget that not every SS-man was a respectable frontline soldier. A 'substantial' part of high-ranking SS-members were incapable, and only got their rank by their blind loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by J-W.Bode View Post

I don't see anything wrong with this post, quite the contrary, I think you're spot on. I'd also like to add that denial of the Holocaust is simply a shameful thing to do, besides being illegal and wrong in its core.

Finally, some of us collect SS and other 3rd Reich items for various reasons (local interest, historical research, affinity toward the design of the items, "coolness" factor, etc.) and I think it's downright insulting to suggest that collecting SS items equals admiration of SS. Frankly, I'm rather negatively surprised with some of the replies on this thread.

Comment

I Will have to say uniforms With collartabs and cufftitles

Cheers Lars

Comment

I say uniforms, i like them aesthetically speaking

regards,
                        Salvatore

Comment

Thread

Does anyone else get annoyed when they go onto a forum to discuss their hobby, and then they have to listen to some politically-correct history lecture? If SS items are too controversial, may I suggest a more serene hobby that is less unsettling. Girl Scout patches are highly collectable, and tend to hold their value.

Comment

Absolutely, I agree!
                            It is collecting. We collect the items for historical purposes ( and for some, a business), not to promote a politcal agenda.
                            What I don't understand, if they are so annoyed, what in the world are they reading the forum anyway?
                            Ron
                            Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                            Does anyone else get annoyed when they go onto a forum to discuss their hobby, and then they have to listen to some politically-correct history lecture? If SS items are too controversial, may I suggest a more serene hobby that is less unsettling. Girl Scout patches are highly collectable, and tend to hold their value.

Comment

I think the real thrill is that each day something new pops up and that´s especially within the cultural items the case.

Since the political correctness-generation of historians, sociologists and other nervous leftwinged roosters and chickens of that kind indeed put their eye only on the so-called Holocaust indeed due to support their politically motivated view and concept of "education" via history it is up to us collectors who do it due to historical research for taking everything into account.

In short: many know nothing about cultural pieces of the SS and the Third Reich so I am happy to find an untouched field of exploration which can satisfy my scientific hunger!

Comment

Two pages and no-one has posted a photo yet. Bloody hell !!!

Screw that political crap - I come here to see other collectors post their items (good or bad) and have discussions about them. Not to hear people piss and moan about the "evil SS" for craps sake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X